BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Accommodations: Lighthouse Beach Resort
Bonaire Talk: Accommodations: Archives: Archives 2007 to 2008: Archives - 2008-03-01 to 2008-07-31: Lighthouse Beach Resort
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Eiceman (BonaireTalker - Post #41) on Friday, April 25, 2008 - 12:18 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

How about some comments on Lighthouse Beach Resort? Saw some offers through VRBO but was never at the resort. I think it is near Belnem. We're looking at unit #29. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #10127) on Friday, April 25, 2008 - 8:57 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Bob, please do a Keyword search for Lighthouse beach and you should get some information.. hint: go past all the announcements of where people are staying... you start to get information on the second page of the search..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dr. Director (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #443) on Friday, April 25, 2008 - 5:59 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Depending on when you go (i.e., whether it is available), LBR#13, owned by Debbie & Gregg Babcock is a very nice unit, and they are a pleasure to work with. We stayed there for 4 weeks on our 17th trip to Bonaire this past October and are staying there when we go again. However, keep in mind that not all units in LBR are created equal (in accommodations, amenities and price) as each unit is individually owned. Some units are waterfront, some are by the pool and some are neither. (Debbie & Gregg's unit is in the "neither" category, but the pool is a 2-minute walk away, and the waterfront is 3-minutes, yet the unit is perhaps one of the best in amenities and price.) Some units rented directly through the owners (like LBR #13) while others are rented via agents. You can view the Babcock's unit, as well as its availability, at http://www.bonairevilla.com/. And in the interest of full disclosure, I am neither an owner in LBR nor do I have any financial interest in any units at LBR.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denise K ** Bonaire trip June 08 (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1888) on Friday, April 25, 2008 - 6:36 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I too have only very good thngs to say about LBR #13 and Debbie and Gregg. We are going back, for two weeks, this summer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Oliveira (LBR28) (BonaireTalker - Post #36) on Friday, April 25, 2008 - 10:07 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Bob, Lighthouse Beach is just past the Belnem area, it is Approx. 3 kilometers south from the airport and about 1/2 mile from Belmar.
#29 is a poolside two bedroom, 3 baths unit. The pool area is it's backyard. The beach, a great place to gaze at the ocean and watch sunsets, is a very short walk away.
In the interest of full disclosure, I own the unit next door "#28" but have no affiliation nor financial interest in unit 29 nor with any other unit at LBR but mine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Timmmy - Bonaire Bound in September (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5288) on Friday, April 25, 2008 - 10:14 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

LBR # 13 is awesome !!
Debbie's place is designed for divers by divers.
see link above

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Eiceman (BonaireTalker - Post #42) on Sunday, April 27, 2008 - 9:57 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

WOW - great response and info. Thanks everyone!
All you BTer's. will get a kick out of the following.. . . . .
Four of us were in Bonaire last year and loved it! Due to prior arrangements, we are snorkeling at Hawaii's Big Island this year . . .at this very moment. Here we are, only five days into our trip, sitting at the table planning next year's trip (or sooner) back to Bonaire. Don't get us wrong, we've had some nice snorkeling, love the colorful native fish, but we love Bonaire!

LBR looks perfect for us. You have given us plenty of calls to make and research to do.

Thanks Again

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration