BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Accommodations: Lighthouse beach
Bonaire Talk: Accommodations: Archives: Archives 2007 to 2008: Archives - 2007-05-01 to 2007-10-31: Lighthouse beach
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lisa LaRocque (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #3) on Wednesday, May 30, 2007 - 4:17 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I am narrowing down our selection to lighthouse beach resort because of the reasonable price, sandy beach area and pool. It seems that the qualities of the few places I have seen advertised vary a lot. I also read in an earlier message that you don't want a place right next to the pool because there is no privacy. Is there any general site where you can find out which of the condos are available along with photos to compare them or are they all rented through various places requiring a hunt. Does anyone have favorites?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Patrick T. aka Guido (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1894) on Wednesday, May 30, 2007 - 4:23 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Lisa if you go to www.bonairevilla.com You will see were I'm staying. I have heard nothing but good reviews on Debbie and Greg's place at LBR#13

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corney Ann Carter (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #314) on Wednesday, May 30, 2007 - 7:08 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We have friends that stay at LBR 13 every year and are very happy with it. We have visited the condo often and it is very nice and has lots of extras. It is not on the water or pool.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Oliveira (BonaireTalker - Post #19) on Wednesday, May 30, 2007 - 9:20 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Lisa,
The poolside units are #25 thru #40. I have a place at LBR, it is poolside.
I disagree with the suggestion of no privacy while at these units but am providing you with this info hoping it helps you with your selection.
Good luck

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Debbie Babcock (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5372) on Wednesday, May 30, 2007 - 10:27 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Lisa! Got your email, YGM

Hi Peter, long time, no hear from you! Hope all is well with you! I agree with Peter in regards that LBR is a small community and there is privacy at any unit you may choose there. Peter also has a lovely unit and if you like the pool area, and you want privacy, just close the drapes on your sliding doors if you don't want folks looking in. There really isn't so many folks at the pool like at most resorts as the pool area at LBR is gated and locked for your privacy and it is used only by the owners/guests of LBR.

Some folks like being on the waterfront, some folks like being around the pool area and then some folks like being on my row, it all depends on what you are looking for in a vacation. My in-laws actually stayed at a poolside unit for a month this past winter which they requested as they really enjoy hanging out at the pool and enjoyed just walking out and being right there. Myself, I have a unit on a row that is not waterside or poolside and love that too.

Patrick and Corney: Thank you for your kinds words. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denise K (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1521) on Thursday, May 31, 2007 - 6:30 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Add me to those saying how wonderful LBR 13 is.

And, although we have not stayed at a pool side unit there, I can say that when we were at LBR in October, it was very quiet at the pool every time we were there, as well as on the beach.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Johnny"Billy Bo Smack"Anderson (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1380) on Thursday, May 31, 2007 - 10:21 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Lisa,
I highly doubt privacy is an issue at any of the LBR units and if Debbie and Greg's unit(13) is an indication of the average quality of the units there as a whole, I can tell you from first hand experience you will have chosen a winner! Excellent place to stay, IMO. Excellent!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john mitchell (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #2) on Thursday, May 31, 2007 - 4:21 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

how is the snorkeling near lighthouse beach....
we are experienced snorkelers and we plan to travel throughout Bonaire to find good sites, but, since we will be staying at LBR, I was just wondering if good snorkeling is to be found in the area...

Thanks in advance......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Debbie Babcock (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5393) on Thursday, May 31, 2007 - 6:18 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi John, The snorkeling is not the best on Bonaire, but fair. Enter at the far left side of LBR towards the south end and go left. Shallow snorkel then gets deeper. The snorkeling is best in the summer or early fall months. Clarity is not so good on the beach end. Now, snorkeling is much better further south at Red Beryl. Enter and go to your right. Lots of stuff to see, one of my fav snorkel spots and now there is an easier entry by Red Beryl North a new site inbetween Red Beryl and Margate. Great dive too! One of the best either snorkel or dive site in MHO! Hmmm, experienced snorkelers, it is great fun to go to La Dania's Leap and jump off there and then snorkel down to Karpata too! You can do it shallow or on the reef's edge, doesn't matter it's a nice snorkel and dive too on the north side! I really don't do much snorkeling at LBR as there are so many more better sites to snorkel at, but you can do it there, just not that good and you said good sites.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corney Ann Carter (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #315) on Thursday, May 31, 2007 - 6:22 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We had different friends than those I mentioned before stay in another unit at LBR that was not well furnished and very bare bones. They were not happy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Shelley Voelkel (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #10) on Monday, June 18, 2007 - 8:49 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

My brother and I also own poolside. Privacy has never been an issue. (Hi Debbie and Pete!) Debbie is right about some better site for snorkling. As a diver who loves the grubbing around in the shallow sandy areas, I enjoy LBR. Don't overlook the tide pools around the area. They are filled with a lot of critters. Dusk brings on "moray madness". Enjoy!
Shelley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Debbie Babcock (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5448) on Monday, June 18, 2007 - 10:58 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Shelley! Wow! Lots of LBR folks on this thread.
Cool! :-) When are you on island next? I will be there first two weeks, till the 19th in August, maybe we will be able to meet up then.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marc Cliburn (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Wednesday, August 8, 2007 - 1:35 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi, I will be on arriving on Bonaire Aug 19 and will be staying for 9 days at LBR #7. Can anyone tell me is this unit beachfront, and is the snorkeling good in that area? I am a diver, however my travel companion is not. We are looking forward to coming to Bonaire for a long time. Any extra info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you ~ Marc

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Debbie Babcock (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5808) on Wednesday, August 8, 2007 - 8:09 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Marc,

To answer your question, LBR #7 is on the waterfront, about only 25 feet to the water. Snorkeling is fair at LBR, now is a good time of year for it as it is so calm, very nice, and water temp is 84 degrees on my last morning dive, I am on island right now. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marc Cliburn (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #2) on Wednesday, August 8, 2007 - 9:10 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Debbie,

WOW! Thank you very much for the info on #7, I believe you and my Mom emailed back and forth over LBR# 13 last winter. Anyway, we both are so excited about spending some time on Bonaire. I've been snorkeling since I was 7, and my "first" dive I was 10, got certified at 16. My Dad introduced me to an underwater world that is so AWESOME! We get on island 19 Aug, so if you are still there, please introduce yourself.
~ Marc

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alex V. (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #291) on Thursday, August 9, 2007 - 2:55 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Debbie, we hope you have a great time on Bon - we're envious!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Debbie Babcock (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5811) on Thursday, August 9, 2007 - 5:23 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Alex, having a great time, and it will be I who will be jealous of you in April! :-)

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration