BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Community Chat: It was Thursday....and the rains came!
Bonaire Talk: Community Chat: It was Thursday....and the rains came!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donna (Agent 99 wannabe) ) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6455) on Thursday, April 28, 2011 - 6:43 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

and all of the people of BT huddled beneath one huge umbrella called love and friendship and it kept them dry in spite of all the storms raging about them...

ok, enough drama...Happy Thursday!
Hugs to all ♥

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donna (Agent 99 wannabe) ) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6456) on Thursday, April 28, 2011 - 6:45 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

In case you hadn't guess by the thread title..we are having a deluge of wind and rain here this morning...and thunder...tornado and flood warnings, etc...

Be safe, friends, wherever you are...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Meeeeee~chelle (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2237) on Thursday, April 28, 2011 - 6:55 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Donna :) Stay safe, warm and dry up there in PA. No rain here and the rotation clouds were absent yesterday.. YAY! Getting a 50" riding lawn mower tonight..goody-goody..I guess y'all know what I'll be doing on Saturday :)
The week-end is ALMOST upon us, so make it a good day!
Big (((HUGS)) to everyone :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3289) on Thursday, April 28, 2011 - 7:12 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

and when the BT group gathered it was suddenly remembered that eating baked beans or kraut COULD cause air to be soiled.

Hi Donna and all others that follow.

We are experiencing another soaker, this is starting to get old. Was just on front porch with the Princess and noticed that last night's rain is puddling everywhere. Not unusual to some but, our house is built on an ancient delta. If one digs down an average of 8" on our property there is sand/gravel... THE GROUND IS TOTALLY SATURATED and more rain is coming.

The highest recorded level at the gage in Burlington was 101.86 feet above mean sea level on April 27, 1993. Apparently we just broke that record - damn!!!! As of 6am this morning Lake Champlain was measured (in Burlington) at 101.91'. Oh Joy!!!

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/article/20110427/NEWS02/110427008/Vermonters-keep-an-eye-rising-water?odyssey=tab|topnews|img|FRONTPAGE

Well, time to get ready for work, Princess is taking the day off, I think she is going swimming;-{)}

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3290) on Thursday, April 28, 2011 - 7:15 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Water is now up to our second step, not going to be pretty if the wind comes out of the north.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By BH (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4201) on Thursday, April 28, 2011 - 7:51 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Good Morning BT!!!!

Tom....hope the waters recede...if not get the Harley to high ground.

We got pounded last night in East Tennessee

Kristi, Mara, Timmmy (if you are up here), Smack...just wondering if everyone made it through ok.

(Message edited by blueharley on April 28, 2011)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3291) on Thursday, April 28, 2011 - 7:55 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

We had an intense and thankfully shortlived deluge that was accompanied with extremely strong winds just blow through here. Could hardly see the road and the trees were bending. Talking big maples and locusts - WHEW glad that stopped know there is going to be a mess from some being uprooted but, don't see any in our immediate area.

Darling, I'll need a few more minutes before we start that Sunshine Dance. Still need to get dressed.

"Honey, which shirt should I wear with my yellow slicker and waders?"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3292) on Thursday, April 28, 2011 - 7:57 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Chuck, the Harleys are safe and dry, our house is well above the lake. However, the road out front looks like a creek, might end up having to dig some trenches and divert the water into my Sister-in-Law's basement next door Oh that was mean, bad me!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By *****Patrick with sharks on Bonaire***** (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #5386) on Thursday, April 28, 2011 - 8:04 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

WELL IT'S STILL RAINING HERE OFF AN ON FOR THE LAST TWO WEEKS. RIGHT NOW 7 FEET ABOVE FLOOD STAGE WITH MORE TO COME. TOM YOU ARE GETTING SOME OF THAT NASTY WEATHER THAT KEEPS COMING THROUGH HERE.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Superturtle (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4580) on Thursday, April 28, 2011 - 9:40 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

:) Good Morning???????? :B

What am I saying!!!! Just back in from rescuing neighbour's recycle bin. Wind knocked it over and it was heading out to play in the traffic!!!

Not much left in the way of contents...... should have just brought it back beside her house, but it's helping to shelter the food waste bin!!!

Dark clouds have passed - now jus fast moving grey clouds.

Stay safe, everyone!!!

:) Bill :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By **Jim Mc **-- But you can all me Link (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5357) on Thursday, April 28, 2011 - 10:00 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I have a good friend in Tuscaloosa, AL and have not made contact with him as yet. I pray to God he is OK. They got hammered last night.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By **Jim Mc **-- But you can all me Link (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5358) on Thursday, April 28, 2011 - 10:01 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Latest count- 213 dead. This is horrible.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By *Linda* (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #9328) on Thursday, April 28, 2011 - 11:53 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Good morning (what's left of it) BT.
Man, y'all are having some awful weather up there. Hope all our peeps stay safe and the high waters recede soon.

A dead truck battery greeted me this morning. Got a jump start and headed on up to where I purchased it for a replacement. Now I need a jump start to my work day. LOL!

Michelle, ride that mower like ya stole it. LOL!

Quote of the Day

Referring to Prince William’s bachelor party:

“It has to be weird stuffing money into a stripper’s bikini when every bill has a photo of your grandmother printed on it!!"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By I'll always be BOOM here! (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #14958) on Thursday, April 28, 2011 - 12:05 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Jim, try texting if you can... our niece is at college in Tuscaloosa. I got a reply text from her that she is okay but has a few friends who lost everything.

Scary stuff and they just lost a cousin to an overdose, so we really are thankful their family didn't take another hit.

Prayers, vibes and red peppers up for all of the families who have lost a loved one...

We have a gorgeous day here. I'll be at the shop for the most part... see you all from the other side.

PooffooP

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3295) on Thursday, April 28, 2011 - 12:20 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Jim, can't really respond other than to say I hope your friend is fine. So effen sad for all the others.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gail T.*********** (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #5096) on Thursday, April 28, 2011 - 12:31 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I can't believe the intensity of the storms that ripped through those states yesterday. My heart goes out to all who have suffered losses. Hoping you hear from your friend soon, Jim.

Looks like I won't need Tom's Super Snotsucker 3000. Little Alex went back to school today. Besides, I think the children's musinex would be way less expensive!

Errands are on the schedule for this afternoon. I need wrapping paper and a card for a bridal shower on Saturday, and John needs a few new shirts for work. Shopping therapy always lifts the spirits! :)

Stay safe all!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3296) on Thursday, April 28, 2011 - 12:34 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Tara, sorry to hear of your family's loss, too damn much of that going around!!!

Gail, you and the Princess must be related. She is out getting therapy right now. THANKFULLY, I DON'T HAVE TO GO!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gail T.*********** (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #5097) on Thursday, April 28, 2011 - 12:58 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

It's a girl thing, Tom. The only time I can get John to go is if he needs shoes - because I tell him I can't cut his feet off to try them on.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara "CB" Gibson (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6531) on Thursday, April 28, 2011 - 12:58 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Morning, BT. My clock radio started me out with news from Alabama this morning, and I've been thinking of everyone, BT buddies and otherwise, struck by this weather. Sending you some California sun beams...

I'm out the door to work. I'm seeing some clients whom I haven't ween in a bit, so I will enjoy the day. Always so nice to catch up with folks, see how tall their kids have grown, all that.

C'ya!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By *Tink* (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2682) on Thursday, April 28, 2011 - 1:13 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Morning all:)

Hugs to those who need them, and I hope everyone is OK.

Tom, see, you shouldn't have sold that dry suit!

Our house/pet sitter got an award yesterday.
Bonnie is in the blue shirt

webcam

foop!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3299) on Thursday, April 28, 2011 - 1:29 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Tom, see, you shouldn't have sold that dry suit! Tom, see, you shouldn't have sold that dry suit! blah blah blah blah..."

damn am I hearing that too much this week!!!

If you want someone to get in frigid, neck deep water and push logs and TREES away from shore... have at it. Oh and be ready to do it again when the wind shifts. Look, damn-it look... OUT THERE, see em, the dark long things? Those aren't dolphins love.

Oooooops shared too much, do that toooooo often.
Hugs and !!! :) It's okay to say anything if you finish by saying Hugs and !!! and follow it with a smiley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3300) on Thursday, April 28, 2011 - 1:32 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I NEED SOME SHIRLEY!!!

http://youtu.be/OrqfGqBA-ws

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, all better now pofo!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3301) on Thursday, April 28, 2011 - 2:32 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I didn't want to but, you made me

http://youtu.be/Q3M8whx1gj4

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By *Tink* (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2683) on Thursday, April 28, 2011 - 2:39 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Lmao Tom! Where r the dang pics??

Webcam
smiley
fing hearts

Floop!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By *Linda* (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #9330) on Thursday, April 28, 2011 - 2:44 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Tink, I love the pictures of you and your dive mask on Steve's FB page.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By *Linda* (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #9331) on Thursday, April 28, 2011 - 2:47 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

This one. :)
tink

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3302) on Thursday, April 28, 2011 - 2:48 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

which pictures do you want? huh huh huh?

this one
grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3303) on Thursday, April 28, 2011 - 2:52 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

The one I use as an iron on on tank tops?

or the pillow case one?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3304) on Thursday, April 28, 2011 - 2:55 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I'm not posting the other ones, you said those were for me only.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By *Tink* (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2684) on Thursday, April 28, 2011 - 4:04 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Linda, that's my "toppins?" pic LOL! Link accidentally took my script mask home with him and I sorta had a meltdown. I was in the pool at Belmar talking to my squirrel for comfort, and Kiwi came out and told me to GET OUT OF THE POOL NOW KINI!!! lol! So, as I was wallowing in my sorrows of possibly not getting to dive the next day/morning cause of my mask, Kiwi captured the "precious moments." LOL! We had a good gut busting laugh about it the next day (after I got my mask back from Link).

Tom, those pillow case pics are for you only, member?

And no, I do not mind if you post that coffee pic at the Fairfield. It will probably save a life...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By *Tink* (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2685) on Thursday, April 28, 2011 - 4:05 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

haha...I can see the "squirrel" in the background by the wine bottle...LMAO!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By *Tink* (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2686) on Thursday, April 28, 2011 - 5:18 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I kilt it..

Webcam
fing hearts
smileys

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3305) on Thursday, April 28, 2011 - 5:44 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

no kilt it Tink, some of us got busy for a bit.

I am wrapping it up here and since no one else said it.... IT'S TIME!!!

cya later, sun is out and if I can, I am going to ride later.

click

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Princeypoo******Kenny's Muffin Forever (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #898) on Thursday, April 28, 2011 - 5:49 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Don't forget your pontoons darlin.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3306) on Thursday, April 28, 2011 - 6:50 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks Darling, I made the decision that there will be no riding tonight. Damn, did I say that? Oh well, there is always tomorrow - right?
http://youtu.be/iDC3ueBW4Pk

Just gonna kick back and enjoy the sunset this evening:)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Debbie B.~ Jersey Gal(*) (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #13180) on Thursday, April 28, 2011 - 7:52 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Evening Everyone! ~ Bags are packed, Florida bound tomorrow afternoon. :) Housesitter all set, daughter is going to join us for a few days, gonna go to SeaWorld for a day and then over to Margaritaville later for dinner. Being the parrothead I am, I gotta go there.

Had some heavy boomers and just a couple t-storms go through, not as bad as they had forcasted, so that was good.

Jim, hope you got in touch with your friend, so sad with all the destruction down south of us.

May tomorrow bring everyone lots of sunshine and warmth.

Hugs to all who may need one or two.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3308) on Thursday, April 28, 2011 - 8:12 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Oh Debbie, you turtlehead you. HAVE FUN!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By **Jim Mc **-- But you can all me Link (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5365) on Thursday, April 28, 2011 - 9:13 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I did Debs. Chris is OK, but Tuscaloosa is in dire straits or straights. No LOL

Tink, my mask would not fit your face anyway. And if I remember, I had your mask back to you before you even had coffee. :)

Just goes to show you what happens when you do UV night dives. A purple haze gets in your brain. :) :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By nestor kopko (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #211) on Thursday, April 28, 2011 - 9:26 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

The southern states was not the only place with storms. Southern Ontario had rain and 120kmh winds. Got home from work and found the roof is gone from the front of the house and no fence left in the backyard. We have had so much rain that trees were pulled out by the roots, several landing on homes. Power was out for several hours when hydro wires came down with 100 year old trees. Got the roof tarped in case of more showers

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By **Jim Mc **-- But you can all me Link (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5367) on Thursday, April 28, 2011 - 9:34 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Nestor, I am so sorry. Good idea on the tarps. This weather, all around North America is INSANE!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donna (Agent 99 wannabe) ) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6457) on Thursday, April 28, 2011 - 9:45 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

So Sorry Nestor...
Praying for all the victims and families from the awful, awful storms.

It cleared up here and got really nice this afternoon...

♥ Andrea is home for the summer!! ♥

Hugs all around........

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donna (Agent 99 wannabe) ) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6458) on Thursday, April 28, 2011 - 9:52 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

just briefly looking at the rest of the thread I'm picking out Tom talking about tank tops and kilts..hmmmm this could be an INTERESTING trip to Massachusetts in May.... :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By nestor kopko (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #212) on Thursday, April 28, 2011 - 9:54 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Luckily but unfortunately there was one death. A 70 yr old man died when a garage door blew off and landed on him. I should have waited to go on the roof. Trying to lay a 12-20 tarp by myself was dumb. Came close to getting blown off. I don't want to be a statistic. My neighbors and I will rebuild the fence without going thru insurance. Hope everyone keeps safe.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Debbie B.~ Jersey Gal(*) (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #13181) on Thursday, April 28, 2011 - 10:26 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Nester, I am so sorry to hear about your home and all the damage that storm caused. Wow on the 120 mph winds. My husband grew up in Manotick, Ontario, remember lots of fishing on the river at his folks place.

Crazy weather all over, very scary.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By I'll always be BOOM here! (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #14959) on Thursday, April 28, 2011 - 10:46 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Nestor, I'm so sorry about your damage... and SO GLAD that you wised up on doing the tarp on your own. You made it thru the storm, it would be a crying shame to perish in the rebuilding.

We are having just CRAZY winds here... I mean seriously.. we've never had this much sustainable wind. We've had to batten down the hatches so much so that our 'outdoor' living isn't. Makes for a sad Tara :(

Jim, so glad that your friend is safe.
Guy had a long talk with his brother (Dad of niece)... apparently the townhomes just a block over from hers were completely wiped out. Not just damaged but gone... They lived thru Katrina... they'll come back from this but.. dang!!
This is Maddie ~ pinching tail and sucking head 5 pounds of it!!!
maddie

I sliced the tip of my finger off on Tuesday so my kitchen is a mess (Guy doesn't know how to wash dishes) so we're off to our favorite diner to break the diet and give thanks for all that we have ♥f'ing♥ for sure!

Have a safe night my friends... I expect each and every one of you to be here in the morning when I get back!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration