BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Community Chat: Come Celebrate Jerry's life with us Part two
Bonaire Talk: Community Chat: Come Celebrate Jerry's life with us Part two
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie...........someoneisstillawizeass (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #15840) on Monday, April 18, 2011 - 5:41 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Jerry we miss you

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie...........someoneisstillawizeass (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #15841) on Monday, April 18, 2011 - 5:45 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

BY rooms????

Timmy, Angela and Patrick

RosAnne and PegiSue

Ruth and Ken

Tom and Pam

Freddie and george

Tara and Guy

Brian and Sue

Roy and Tad

Donna and Meryl

Superturtle Bill & Karen and LaDonna

Barbara & Eric

Bill {single room}

Kiwi aka Steve (single room}

Cynde (single room)

Jim (single)

Michelle?

Linda {looking to share}

Locals

Cecil and Sue

Tom S. and Lee?

Darlene for sure and Tom if he doesn't work

BOB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie...........someoneisstillawizeass (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #15842) on Monday, April 18, 2011 - 5:50 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

again :)

THE CODE IS HUGS HOW APPROPRIATE
PLEASE CALL TO MAKE RESERVATIONS AND USE THE CODE the online reservations do not accept that code for the guaranteed group rate.

THE NUMBER OF THE HOTEL IS

Fairfield Inn by Marriott Amesbury
35 Clarks Road
Amesbury, MA 01913
ph. 978.388.3400

PLEASE CALL FOR RESERVATION TO RECEIVE THE GROUP DISCOUNT

MAY 1st DEADLINE for group rate

(Message edited by modfreddie on April 18, 2011)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie...........someoneisstillawizeass (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #15843) on Monday, April 18, 2011 - 6:01 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

CHANGE in address of the Celebration

because of the number of people attending, the address of the event will be changing. I will be sending out an email tomorrow to each of you to let you know.. the event will take place about 20 minutes from the hotel, at a very generous friend of Louise's home.

I will also be sending a map to you for the easiest way to get there... Car pooling is good..

Also Lou has requested that at a designated time, 4pm., that we all gather in a circle, seated, to Eulogize Jerry.. If you would like to say something at that time, please feel free to do so..

A simple bbq lunch will be served at 2pm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.A.... (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #17426) on Monday, April 18, 2011 - 6:06 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I love the picture of Jerry! Thank you so much for keeping us updated, how kind of Louise's friend to open their home to strangers!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3220) on Monday, April 18, 2011 - 6:31 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Can we change the date?

your welcome Darling:)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.A.... (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #17427) on Monday, April 18, 2011 - 7:03 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Tom!..your such a little ! Lol

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie...........someoneisstillawizeass (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #15845) on Monday, April 18, 2011 - 7:13 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

TOM!!!!!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3221) on Monday, April 18, 2011 - 7:27 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

oh oh

click

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Julia Graves (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1614) on Monday, April 18, 2011 - 8:34 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Would someone who will be there let me send a message to be read out? Maybe Ruth or RosAnne would be okay with that? Let me know!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.A.... (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #17428) on Monday, April 18, 2011 - 8:52 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Julia..I would be willing to do so. It may be difficult for me but I would try my best.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donna (Agent 99 wannabe) ) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6391) on Monday, April 18, 2011 - 10:12 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks for the info, Freddie!

I love that picture...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By "Barbie"Ruth******Ken's forever love (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5674) on Tuesday, April 19, 2011 - 8:16 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Julia, I'd be willing as well. RosAnne, whatever you want to do.

Freddie, thank you for the info.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By *Linda* (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #9295) on Tuesday, April 19, 2011 - 8:50 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

What a wonderful picture of Jerry. Thank you for sharing it Freddie.

Thank you to Louise's friend for such a kind and generous gesture of opening up their home.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Schamp (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #697) on Tuesday, April 19, 2011 - 10:22 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Just dipping my toe in this thread so I'll get future posts via email. Still planning to be there on 5/21...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie...........someoneisstillawizeass (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #15846) on Tuesday, April 19, 2011 - 10:30 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Everyone should have gotten an email this morning from me.. please let me know if you did not get it.... Tom S it went to your BT mail address :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie...........someoneisstillawizeass (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #15847) on Tuesday, April 19, 2011 - 10:32 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

BY rooms????

RosAnne and PegiSue

Ruth and Ken

Tom and Pam

Freddie and george

Tara and Guy

Roy and Tad

Donna and Meryl

Barbara & Eric

Bill {single room}

Cynde (single room)

Jim (single)

Michelle?

Linda {looking to share}

John Anderson (Smackster}

Locals

Cecil and Sue

Tom S. and Lee?

BOB

(Message edited by modfreddie on April 22, 2011)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By I'll always be BOOM here! (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #14927) on Tuesday, April 19, 2011 - 11:30 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Love the picture of Jerry.

Email received, all systems go.

Hugs for you Louise and belly rubs for Caymus and a shot of espresso for Nikki.
♥♥♥♥♥♥

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By *Tink* (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2671) on Tuesday, April 26, 2011 - 4:48 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

OK, just got my tickets. I'll be arriving Friday night around 8pm. Are we putting what time we are getting there?

Still brokenhearted....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3264) on Tuesday, April 26, 2011 - 4:53 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

AWESOME!!! Cant wait to see you on the 27th!!!:):):)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By *Tink* (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2672) on Tuesday, April 26, 2011 - 5:12 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Tom, u just about gave me a heart attack!!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3265) on Tuesday, April 26, 2011 - 5:18 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Glad you didn't!!! Isn't the C.O.L. on the weekend of the 27th? I asked for a date change a little while ago. FREDDIE?!?!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donna (Agent 99 wannabe) ) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6440) on Tuesday, April 26, 2011 - 8:40 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

TOM!! It's not nice to scare your friends like that!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Meeeeee~chelle (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2233) on Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 7:08 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Still lQQking at air.....will nab it if I see a good deal! I so want to be there with everyone.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3276) on Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 4:06 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Donna, I know, I know. Again,.... I DIDN'T WANT TO DO IT!!!:-{)}

Meeeeeee-chelle, NAB IT, NAHHHHHHHH-HHHHHABBB IT!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie...........someoneisstillawizeass (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #15862) on Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 4:36 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Just got this from the Fairfield :)

Looks like your group is in the clear to use the breakfast room to socialize! I only ask that out of consideration of our other guests that the noise level is kept down and that everyone in the group is mindful that we have many guest rooms on the 1st floor, some which are very near the lobby, so if your group could wrap it up by 10:30 that would be ideal. You may bring alcoholic beverages and food items into the breakfast room, but we do not have cleaning staff on site in the evenings, so I ask that you please pick up after yourselves. I hope this arrangement will work for you and your friends and family.

yippee....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Schamp (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #702) on Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 4:45 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Nice, so are we talking about a Friday (5/20) evening gathering then? Even for folks who live nearby and aren't staying at the Fairfield?
I'm sure something will come together over the next three weeks...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie...........someoneisstillawizeass (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #15863) on Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 4:59 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Yes that is a great idea....... let's get to meet everyone :) ok what time?? 7:30?? 8:00.. what time is everyone getting there?? we will be there early in the afternoon.......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donna (Agent 99 wannabe) ) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6443) on Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 5:11 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Sounds awesome to me!! Meryl and I should be checking in by mid afternoon, I think..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3277) on Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 5:18 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Princey Poo, STOP HER!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donna (Agent 99 wannabe) ) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6444) on Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 5:29 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Why?

It would be nice if those of us who haven't met others got to meet people that night so that we will totally focus on Jerry and the COL the next day instead of trying to meet each other also...am I wrong?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie...........someoneisstillawizeass (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #15864) on Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 5:41 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

It is for those that want to show up there Donna... some might have other plans already...... It will be a big weekend for everyone and I think the one scheduled event is probably enough for most..the room will be open for anyone who cares to possibly meet that night.. I am sure most will stick their head in for a moment and meet who happens to be there..I know that we are getting up very early to get on the first ferry and others will be traveling from afar..We will probably be exhausted by 8:30..:)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donna (Agent 99 wannabe) ) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6445) on Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 5:44 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I see what you are saying, Freddie...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3278) on Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 5:44 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Donna, not a bad thing at all, I asked Freddie to contact Rene to see about arranging that room for our group to use as a place to meet and talk rather than having little groups in rooms. I thank Mother with all my heart for her doing that. My only objection is when I see another scheduled event in the making. Sorry, no offense was intended I do plan on using that room myself just not on any schedule. Play on, I shut up now and leave - click

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donna (Agent 99 wannabe) ) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6446) on Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 5:49 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

No need to shut up Tom...I truly do understand..not an organized event, just a place to show up and meet people..I get it...I'm just really anxious to hug you people in person! ♥

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3279) on Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 5:49 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

same here Donna XOXO pooooooooof

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Schamp (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #703) on Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 5:50 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I'll try to remember to bring some clear plastic cups for the wine...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By I'll always be BOOM here! (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #14951) on Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 6:01 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I hope the skull shows up.. I'll bring limes and salt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donna (Agent 99 wannabe) ) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6448) on Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 6:05 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

skull?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By *Tink* (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2676) on Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 6:13 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Well, my plane lands at 8pm on Friday, so I'll probably get there by 10pm. Freddie, please leave your room key and number with the front desk so I can scare the shite out of myself again, K?

Boom, what time do you and Guy get in????? I'm bringing my "butterfly lawn chair" it folds up real small...you bring the limes! tee hee!

Um...on using the thingie for breakie...if you SEE me in the MORNING (before 11am) come down and try to sneak coffee, PLEASE...DO NOT MAKE EYE CONTACT WITH ME...it will save your life! Either that, or if I can bribe someone to bring coffee to my room, I won't have to go out in PUBIC until I'm "sensible"....LMAO!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By I'll always be BOOM here! (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #14954) on Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 7:14 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Flights are booked :) Thank you Amex points

We get into Boston on Thursday at 2:55pm and are planning on spending the night in town unless there is something we can do to help in advance. We'll drive up sometime Friday afternoon.

We're staying until the 27th and planning on driving up the coast so if anyone has any suggestions please pass them on. I'd love to see Cecil's lighthouse in person if it's in the vacinity.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By I'll always be BOOM here! (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #14955) on Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 7:16 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

btw - thank you so much for getting the use of the breakfast room for us... it will be much better than trying to coordinate from room to room. Perhaps we can have a message board to leave notes for each other :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3281) on Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 7:32 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Tara, I believe Cecil's Lighthouse is known as Nubble Light see: http://www.lighthouse.cc/capeneddick/index.html
It is very close!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donna (Agent 99 wannabe) ) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6451) on Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 7:36 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I loooove lighthouses...I've seen that one!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By I'll always be BOOM here! (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #14956) on Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 7:46 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thank you Tom
Me too Donna

now to secure a house/pet sitter ♥

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By *Tink* (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2678) on Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 7:55 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Boom, Cecil took me all the way up to the Lighthouse and back down the coast of NH back to his house. Then I drove to the Boston airport. The entire trip took a couple of hours. It was like driving across town, the states are so small! LOL!

You also HAVE to see this place:

http://www.wentworth.com/

I can't believe Tom hasn't posted my "morning" picture yet!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3284) on Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 8:24 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Folks there are a lot of restaurants in Amesbury that get great reviews. A few are:

http://flatbreadcompany.com/ great pizzas but bring your own grease. Right Darling?
http://www.amesburyalehouse.com/Scripts/default.asp great pub food and more
http://www.phatcatsbistro.com/
http://barkingdoggrill.com/Scripts/default.asp

there are many more, reservations or call ahead is necessary, these places are packed at night.

Also, just 10 minutes away in Merrimac is a great diner run by three lovely sisters the "Rhythm Cafe"
http://www.rhythmcafe.net/index.html if you eat here save room for (or share) their Vermont Maple Bread Pudding OHHHHHHHHH MYYYYYYY GODDDDDDDD!!!

Of course some of you have enjoyed dining at and you all have probably heard J., M.F. and I sing the praises of Glenn's Restaurant and Cool Bar http://glennsrestaurant.com/ which is 15 minutes southeast in Newburyport. Again, reservations are recommended.

There are other good restaurants/diners around and hopefully M.F., Lou and others might chime in to add more recommendations.

There are also the usual chain type eateries and fast food places up and down Route 110.

Lastly, if you like ice cream, fresh, homemade, clog your arteries ice cream you must try "Hodgies" http://www.hodgies.com/ . For those who are trying to impress themselves or put on an "I am a responsible eater." show for others, they also offer hackkkkkkkkkkkkk yogurts and low fat ice cream as well. When placing your order, you might want to ask the person leaving the window what size they got and adjust your order accordingly.

One word of caution, do not eat the fresh cookies the hotel puts out at night, oh no-no-no yuckkkkkkkkk!!!did that sound convincing Darling?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3285) on Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 8:25 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Tink-Dahling, I have been looking - believe me, I have been looking for it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3286) on Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 8:40 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Ohhhhhh Tink-R-Belle, Ohhhhhh Tink-R-Belle are you there? :):):) Well the only pics I have of you on this puter are the ones I made pillow cases out of. Remember, those???? I do... SIGHHHHHHHHH!!!:) BUT I found the one you posted that I had sent to Rona a few years back so she could post it on the fridge and warn other guests.
http://www.oldbonairetalk.com /newsgroup/messages/1022/312899.jpg

I know the original is on one of the p.c.'s at work might need to find it and forward to Amesbury.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie...........someoneisstillawizeass (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #15865) on Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 8:55 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

there is also a bowling alley just down the street..lol and a few unknown places.... but I bet they are all good and reasonable.. OMG could you see us Bowling.egad.....

ok back to the restaurants..
this is one that Lou and I went to to get fish and I tell you what it smelled so good..and the coleslaw was terrific that we brought home. it is a bit of a ride but a beautiful one ;)
Bob Lobster
49 Plum Island Turnpike, Newbury MA 01951
978-465-7100 www.boblobster.com

On the way to and from Plum Island. Fish market, lobster pound and eatery. Open year-round. Dine in the rough: lobster rolls, lobster dinners, fried seafood, chowder, ice cream and more or take home fresh local fish, live or steamed lobsters or our own ready-to-bake seafood pies.

Lou and I had dinner at Michaels one night.. It was one of Jerry's favorite places, only about 15 minutes from the hotel..

Michael's Harborside
Tournament Wharf, Newburyport MA 01950
978-462-7785 www.michaelsharborside.com

Your favorite waterfront restaurant offering the freshest seafood specialties and more. Try Michael’s famous Lobster Roll, the best clam chowder in Newburyport, or a savory steak right off the grill. For an amazing view and a place to wind down, catch live music and entertainment while sipping a cocktail in the Upstairs Lounge. Voted Best of the North Shore for “Al Fresco” dining, enjoy our two outdoor decks and the Tiki Deck to catch a cool waterside breeze along the Merrimack River.

Not far from there is a nice Thai restaurant.. I will have to get the name..an't find it online.

for a change of pace breakfast down home style try the Hollow Cafe about 5 minutes from the hotel by car..
Breakfast & Brunch Breakfast & Brunch
194 Main St
Ste 6
Amesbury, MA 01913 (978) 388-5460

there is also a shopping center just down the street from the hotel Stop and Shop has nice pre-packaged ready to eat stuff :) we have gone this route once or twice :)

(Message edited by modfreddie on April 27, 2011)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3287) on Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 8:59 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

The Hollow is great!!!! Remember that place Pegi, you point at menus there:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie...........someoneisstillawizeass (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #15866) on Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 9:12 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Please I beg of you DO NOT PRINT THAT PHOTO OUT....... and post it in the lobby of the hotel. or in the breakfast room PLease I am on my knees begging,.,.... snort.............

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By *Tink* (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2679) on Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 9:23 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

The hallow! Yes! I have my own bowling ball and shoes!!!

Do NOT post that pic! Omg... Those poor folks at black durgon..god bless them!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donna (Agent 99 wannabe) ) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6453) on Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 9:36 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I wanna go somewhere where I can see water! :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.A.... (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #17440) on Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 10:05 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Tara....the skull has to make the trip! It may be difficult as it was guided last time by the "sisters" this time, it's me and the skull, no telling what might happen! :)

PEOPLE....I have (hmmmmm, throat clear) slept with Cynde several times, believe every word she writes, do NOT make eye contact or attempt to speak to her until she has awakened, showered and had coffee...trust me on this one!

Cynde, will we be partaking in adding to our "food art portfolio"? ;)

I get into Boston at 6:15.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By **Jim Mc **-- But you can all me Link (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5355) on Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 10:29 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Roy and I should be at the hotel at around 5 PM. Our flight gets into Manchester at 3:05. By the time we get the car, and drive to the Fairfield etc. Well, maybe around 4:30 PM.

Freddie, if you and the Cap are driving, can you bring coolers? I'll get all the ice and other stuff.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By iTimmmy (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #7700) on Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 11:27 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Angela and I are flying up in our Robinson R22 and have the ok to land on the pet walk area west of the pool. We should be there Fri by 7:30 pm.

(Message edited by muddysoapfish on April 27, 2011)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By iTimmmy (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #7701) on Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 11:29 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Are we bringing bowling balls ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kiwi aka Steve (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1094) on Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 11:43 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I should get to the hotel around 7:00 - 7:30. Did I miss an e-mail with the new location?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By *Tink* (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2680) on Thursday, April 28, 2011 - 1:56 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Kiwi...park and head north...

Lou...all this banter is I huge anticipation to hug you, console you, be ther for you...and celebrate you Jerry... Lu!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By *Tink* (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2681) on Thursday, April 28, 2011 - 2:03 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Kiwi...park and head north...

Lou...all this banter is I huge anticipation to hug you, console you, be ther for you...and celebrate you Jerry... Lu!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie...........someoneisstillawizeass (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #15868) on Thursday, April 28, 2011 - 4:51 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

that was so right what Cynde said that she posted it twice :)
Kiwi ,I will send the new location address to you.
bowling balls optional...

Jim got ya covered with the coolers. be prepared to get a lot of ice :)and beer.:)and soda:)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3288) on Thursday, April 28, 2011 - 6:41 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Tim - Smack, ya think we ought to bring out the L.B.R. slip-n-slide? Hallways are long, just saying. Okay, we getting silly, just as it should be - I guess.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cecil* (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #8866) on Thursday, April 28, 2011 - 8:13 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Wow what a crowd, I do believe that SWAT should be on duty with the National Guard on hot standby just to be safe.

Not much to add, my lighthouse is in York Beach Maine, maybe 45 minutes North from Newburyport. The other option is Cape Ann and Rockport, about the same time south. Both are very nice and will give you a feel for the New England coastline. If you are doing this on a weekday, York Beach would be better due to traffic.

For the Nubble Lighthouse, get on 95 North and go through New Hampshire don't forget to pay your tolls we need the money. Go over the river into Maine and get off at the York exit, 7 miles into Maine. Take a right on Route 1, go a 1/2 mile south and take a left onto 1A. Stay on this road through York Village, and York Harbor (both very neat places), then you will come out on Long Sands Beach at the end of the beach is Cape Neddick with Nubble Light out on the end. Here's a map.

Map

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By **Jim Mc **-- But you can all me Link (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5356) on Thursday, April 28, 2011 - 9:56 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Cecil, are you sure you were not on the Lewis and Clark expedition in your former life? Maybe we should start calling you Sacajawea. :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3293) on Thursday, April 28, 2011 - 10:15 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Cecil, Jim is calling you a Woman

Sacajawea - Shoshone for Woman With Purpose

Sacajawetta - Shoshone for He Who Walks Through Waist Deep Water

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3294) on Thursday, April 28, 2011 - 10:17 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I know this to be true, my Two Rivers Micmac name is Aduu Dei Bonga - Two Dogs *******

(Message edited by vtscuba on April 28, 2011)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Johnny "Smack" (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1904) on Thursday, April 28, 2011 - 10:37 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Tom, no slip-n-slide! The mark it left last time took 6 months to go away and the cleanup was, shall we say, UGLY!

Timmy, you better lock that R22, take away the keys and chain it to the ground with padlocks(good ones). You will want these precautions as an aid in delaying my departure. If I find it, I'm takin that sucker for a spin!:)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By **Jim Mc **-- But you can all me Link (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5359) on Thursday, April 28, 2011 - 10:49 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Smack, I'm going with you and we'll play Ride of the Valkyries coming in to Amesbry.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Johnny "Smack" (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1905) on Thursday, April 28, 2011 - 10:59 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Jim, you're hired! Just memorize the check list.

1. Sit down.

2. Shut up.

3. Hang on!!!

Also known in CO as...

"Hold my drink and watch this"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By **Jim Mc **-- But you can all me Link (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5360) on Thursday, April 28, 2011 - 11:46 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

And sit on your helmet and flak jacket, like that would help with a .50 cal coming up through the deck. LOL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By **Jim Mc **-- But you can all me Link (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5361) on Thursday, April 28, 2011 - 11:52 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Tim and Tom at Debbie's LBR in January of 2010. Notice Tim's first ride. :) :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Superturtle (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4581) on Thursday, April 28, 2011 - 11:57 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Bonjour, Louise. Voulez-vous n'importe quelquechose d'Ontario ?

:) Bill :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By I'll always be BOOM here! (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #14957) on Thursday, April 28, 2011 - 11:58 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Love it! Thanks for all the suggestions... I just went out and told Guy that he will be in Lobster heaven... very fitting as his first 'meeting' with Jerry was when J called to help G grill lobster. :)

Oh and Cecil... Guy is retired SWAT so we've got that covered ;)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara "CB" Gibson (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6530) on Thursday, April 28, 2011 - 12:52 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hey, guys. Eric and I will get into
Manchester Thursday night late. We'll probably snoop around the area, maybe go see Cecil's lighthouse on Friday, and be around by early Friday evening. I'm all for meeting up that evening or Saturday morning...I want to make time both to greet all my friends as they deserve to be greeted and honor Jerry as he deserves to be honored, although I know Jerry would insist that those two overlap. I don't need an organized event, but I'll be looking for you...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3297) on Thursday, April 28, 2011 - 1:01 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

CB, :):):)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By **Jim Mc **-- But you can all me Link (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5362) on Thursday, April 28, 2011 - 1:07 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Well said Berbera. :) :) :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara "CB" Gibson (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6532) on Thursday, April 28, 2011 - 1:15 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I always liked being Berbera...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3298) on Thursday, April 28, 2011 - 1:23 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

you do it so well too:)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By **Jim Mc **-- But you can all me Link (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5363) on Thursday, April 28, 2011 - 1:30 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

My baby boy just called from the desert of Arizona. He just made Captain select, which means he is going to make Captain.

Oorah Tim!!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Johnny "Smack" (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1906) on Thursday, April 28, 2011 - 1:33 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

"Tom, no slip-n-slide! The mark it left last time took 6 months to go away and the cleanup was, shall we say, UGLY!"

Sorry Bubba. I meant "Bubba..."

What was I thinking?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By *Linda* (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #9329) on Thursday, April 28, 2011 - 1:54 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi All. I will be landing in Manchester 11:30 pm Friday night and heading to Amesbury the next morning.
Departing Sunday morning from NH @ 7am. It's a tight schedule for sure, but I will catch up with you all probably Saturday morning somewhere.

PM me if you want my cell #.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denise K (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2995) on Thursday, April 28, 2011 - 7:40 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Ohhh Linda, I was hoping to see you on Sunday. All the more reason to try to get together in FL.

Jim, awesome !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roy - 'Rayman' (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4106) on Friday, April 29, 2011 - 7:23 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I certainly fancy trying the Lobster Roll or Clam chowder, heck I may just have to try both!!!

don't think I'll have room in my luggage for my bowling ball though :) so it will have to be an alley ball for me :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By **Jim Mc **-- But you can all me Link (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5369) on Friday, April 29, 2011 - 8:42 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Roy, just bring it as a carry on. :)

However, after you have a real Philadelphia cheesesteak, the lobster roll will pale in comparison. :) :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Princeypoo******Kenny's Muffin Forever (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #899) on Friday, April 29, 2011 - 9:08 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Roy stop in the city and try a Pachi roll. Jim knows the place.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By *Linda* (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #9332) on Friday, April 29, 2011 - 9:22 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Denise, it's a date. Enjoy your time on Bon.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donna (Agent 99 wannabe) ) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6460) on Friday, April 29, 2011 - 9:25 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Jim...Philadelphia pretzels! You should bring some!! :) :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Erhard (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #160) on Friday, April 29, 2011 - 11:07 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Jim - Where are you taking Roy for his cheesesteak?

Inquiering minds like to know...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By **Jim Mc **-- But you can all me Link (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5377) on Friday, April 29, 2011 - 12:09 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Tom, need you ask? LOL I think we'll have one at Pat's on the way to the Phillies game and then have Geno's the next day when I take him downtown for the tour. :) :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By **Jim Mc **-- But you can all me Link (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5378) on Friday, April 29, 2011 - 12:10 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Pachi roll. LMAO LMAO LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Debbie B.~ Jersey Gal(*) (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #13182) on Friday, April 29, 2011 - 1:12 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Roy, you are gonna love Geno's! ♥♥♥

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By KIV ~ Kobi in Virginia (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #15045) on Friday, April 29, 2011 - 8:12 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Roy me thinks you need to pack some TUMS LOL!
BURP........

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denise K (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2996) on Friday, April 29, 2011 - 8:31 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

lobster roll and chowder .... YUMMY ! and/or fried clams (real ones with bellies not just necks) and/or steamers. mmmm mmmm good

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie...........someoneisstillawizeass (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #15883) on Sunday, May 1, 2011 - 3:42 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

BY rooms????

RosAnne and PegiSue

Ruth and Ken

Tom and Pam

Freddie and george

Tara and Guy

Roy and Tad

Donna and Meryl

Barbara & Eric

Bill {single room}

Cynde (single room)

Jim (single)

Michelle?

Linda {looking to share}

ELAINE :)

Locals

Cecil and Sue

Tom S. and Lee?

BOB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By "Barbie"Ruth******Ken's forever love (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5694) on Sunday, May 1, 2011 - 8:14 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Just want to mention that we will be driving our Yukon XL up and can fit 5 or 6 additional people for carpooling.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Princeypoo******Kenny's Muffin Forever (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #903) on Monday, May 2, 2011 - 8:12 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I might need a ride. Can i bring a date?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By **Jim Mc **-- But you can all me Link (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5385) on Monday, May 2, 2011 - 9:23 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Yeah, Juanita that Columbian chick from Pachi's is just flying up to meet you there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Princeypoo******Kenny's Muffin Forever (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #904) on Monday, May 2, 2011 - 9:55 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Didn't think you would be up so early after that late night Phillies fiasco

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By "Barbie"Ruth******Ken's forever love (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5695) on Monday, May 2, 2011 - 10:20 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

You can bring a date, but I hear that MF is traveling with her cast iron pan and rolling pin...just sayin'

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By **Jim Mc **-- But you can all me Link (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5386) on Monday, May 2, 2011 - 11:49 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

The Phillies game was crazy, and yes, I am tired.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Maggie/PS (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #13694) on Monday, May 2, 2011 - 6:21 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

OMG!!!!! I haven't been online in so long!!!! I was just reading the thread, from where I left off...OMG!!! Yall are too friggin' funny!!! Cynde, I think you and my sis are twins about the morning thing and coffee!!! She growls at me in the morning if I'm too nice!!!!!

OH, I have a problem, I've talked to Freddie already....
My son is "supposed" to Graduate on May 22. I talked to the school today, not necessarily gonna happen. SO, I'm hoping to hear from them soon, so I know what's going on. GRADUATION is very IMPORTANT. BUT, if he's not going to be there, well....Neither am I!!!!!:)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donna (Agent 99 wannabe) ) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6476) on Monday, May 2, 2011 - 7:36 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Ooooh Pegi...graduation is good...but I want to you to be with us! I want to meet you!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By "Barbie"Ruth******Ken's forever love (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5700) on Tuesday, May 3, 2011 - 9:13 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

PS, I hope everything works out for BOTH!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By *Linda* (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #9352) on Tuesday, May 3, 2011 - 12:40 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

BY rooms????

RosAnne and PegiSue

Ruth and Ken

Tom and Pam

Freddie and george

Tara and Guy

Roy and Tad

Donna and Meryl

Barbara & Eric

Bill {single room}

Cynde (single room)

Jim (single)

Michelle?

Linda (single room)

ELAINE

Locals

Cecil and Sue

Tom S. and Lee?

BOB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara "CB" Gibson (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6554) on Tuesday, May 3, 2011 - 1:20 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I hear Kobi is going to make it, yes?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara "CB" Gibson (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6557) on Tuesday, May 3, 2011 - 1:45 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Is Amesbury a good cycling town? Eric and I thought that might be a nice, and appropriate, way to see the area.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3335) on Tuesday, May 3, 2011 - 1:50 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

To your first question the answer is:
Yes, she changed her vacation on Bonaire to be able to attend and celebrate Jerry and be with Louise and all.

Regarding your second question:
It is an old mill town with narrow roads and quite a few hills. Additionally the main road is under construction/reconstruction in parts and there isn't much of a shoulder/safe biking area on it.

(Message edited by vtscuba on May 3, 2011)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara "CB" Gibson (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6558) on Tuesday, May 3, 2011 - 1:54 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

That is big of her. Tom Schamp too...

OK on the cycling. I always pictured Jerry cycling around, wrongly, I guess...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By *Linda* (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #9354) on Tuesday, May 3, 2011 - 1:57 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Tom, Can you imagine bicycling up Jerry & Louise's road? LOL! I'll walk thank you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By *Tink* (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2694) on Tuesday, May 3, 2011 - 2:02 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Um, I'd cycle down to the lake...then have Tom push my bike back up to the house....tee hee...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3336) on Tuesday, May 3, 2011 - 2:13 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Tink, that hill took a beating this past winter. I hope to ride down soon and take Lou for a ride. Will ride down the hill solo but have already told Lou I want her to drive to another location for our ride to begin and end. Steep is one thing, deep ruts with a passenger is quite another.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Schamp (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #704) on Tuesday, May 3, 2011 - 2:15 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I'm not actually changing any plans for the weekend of the 21st as it turns out, just a 40-minute drive for me up to Amesbury.
As far as bike trails, there are an increasing number of rail-trail conversions around the area, but the ones in Amesbury and Salisbury are short segments right now, with plans to lengthen and interconnect in the future.
http://www.traillink.com/trail/amesbury-riverwalk.aspx
I've done other trails in the area, but not those (yet).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara "CB" Gibson (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6560) on Tuesday, May 3, 2011 - 2:16 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I wanted to do this....

image{jerry'sbike}

WE miss you every day, Dude.

Hope this pic make my buddies smile, as it does me...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara "CB" Gibson (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6561) on Tuesday, May 3, 2011 - 2:20 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Ah, out of practice....

jerry'sbike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara "CB" Gibson (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6562) on Tuesday, May 3, 2011 - 2:22 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks, Tom. We have some of those conversions here. too. A wonderful addition on an urban area.

I'll look forward to meeting you in person, Tom.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3338) on Tuesday, May 3, 2011 - 2:33 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Love that silly picture CB, thank you for posting it:-{)} Seems like just yesterday, doesn't it? XOXO

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By I'll always be BOOM here! (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #14967) on Tuesday, May 3, 2011 - 2:35 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

15 days to departure....

I'm happy as a pig in poop that Kobi is coming :) Yeah!!!! One more hug in person ♥

I was telling the girls at the gym more about our Jerry... Living Large my friend, all the more to miss you here but ever thankful to have known you on this side.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By *Tink* (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2699) on Tuesday, May 3, 2011 - 8:58 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Tom, I was talking about Jerry's pink HK bike...not a "real bike."

And damn you CB, just got the tears flowing again. I still think I'm in shock and just can't believe it and well, am still in the denial, anger, pissed, WTF stage...I miss the GD hell out of him...

webcam and a whole shite load of fing hearts...

FLOP

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Maggie/PS (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #13697) on Tuesday, May 3, 2011 - 9:33 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Aw, Tink, you just got me going again....Denial, Anger, Pissed, WTF, UM, yeah, I'm right there with you. And it's so hard, yet so great, to see pics of our Jerry.....

OK, so my EX called me tonite. He is not sure what's going on w/ Rafe and Graduation. BUT, he told me "Do NOT change your plans!!!!" So, I will take the advice of my ex and the father of my son, and I will be there.:)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donna (Agent 99 wannabe) ) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6485) on Tuesday, May 3, 2011 - 9:57 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Yay Pegisue! :) Will Rafe understand, though?

Kobi's coming, too! :)

I was using my address book tonight and ran across the paper with the hospital address for Jerry :( :( I soooo wish I was going to Massachusetts to meet HIM, too! :( :(

♥♥♥ to all...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara "CB" Gibson (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6563) on Tuesday, May 3, 2011 - 11:57 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Sorry to start the waterworks, buddies...I'm smiling through tears too, or the other way around maybe, can't tell...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By *Tink* (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2700) on Tuesday, May 3, 2011 - 11:58 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

PS, sometimes I can look at pics of him...and sometimes like today, I can't....

Those that make the most impact on lives die young...that's our Baby Jerry...I know we are ALL suffering....

I'm gonna live to be 200 LOL!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Maggie/PS (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #13699) on Wednesday, May 4, 2011 - 11:32 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

OK, My son comes first. That's just how it is. As bad as I want to make this trip, if Rafe DOES Graduate, I will be there. I just don't understand, with all the support he has had from his father,friends and me, that he has waited til the last 12 days of his education to take it seriously. That's my boy!!!!

Dad says I should go, Rafe says if I'm not at his graduation he will never speak to me again. We won't know til the 20th if he is graduating. So, I'm just gonna sit and wait and see what happens.

There's so much going on right now, I know I need to be here for him...at least for RIGHT NOW. He called me crying last nite.:(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By *Linda* (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #9359) on Wednesday, May 4, 2011 - 11:37 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hugs, PS. Sounds like he needs you there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Saint Louise (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #10000071) on Wednesday, May 4, 2011 - 11:39 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I agree,looking at picture of Jerry hurts but at the same time bring him back to life,it is a bittersweet moment. I still cannot believe that he is gone or WTF why this happen to him.This is so unfair it sucks. I miss my baby Jerry and I think of him all the time. I want him back. This is a F... nightmare

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By I'll always be BOOM here! (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #14972) on Wednesday, May 4, 2011 - 11:42 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Maggie... you know without a doubt that Jerry wouldn't want you to leave Rafe.
As much as I'm heartbroken at not having been at the last MM... Jerry gave me great comfort in assuring me that I was where I needed to be (with Rasta). I know he'd say the same to you too.

Hugs to you and to Rafe too... please remind him that all things pass, the hard times will move on and everything will work out. Poor baby boy --- hugs, hugs and more hugs ♥

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By I'll always be BOOM here! (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #14973) on Wednesday, May 4, 2011 - 11:47 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Louise ♥♥♥ I sobbed last night as Guy and I were talking about the trip and the Letters to Jerry Thread, just thinking about the pain you must be feeling. Having a great love, especially a larger-than-life mate like Jerry, I just can't imagine.
There are no words just honest sympathy and love for you my friend.
Much love for you ♥

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kiwi aka Steve (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1095) on Wednesday, May 4, 2011 - 11:47 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Tears and hugs, Louise. Love ya.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie...........someoneisstillawizeass (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #15890) on Wednesday, May 4, 2011 - 11:52 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hugs from here naturally Lou... ♥♥♥

Pegi I am sure that Jerry would say ya got to stay there with your family Maggie.. no matter what happens... there will be another time snuggies we will work on it.. :) since you will already have a ticket to my house :) I may put you to work... :):) ♥♥♥

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara "CB" Gibson (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6564) on Wednesday, May 4, 2011 - 12:01 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Louise, we are all thinking of you and Jerry every single day.

What a prankster that man was. I picture him making that bicycle pic and so many others, just looking around for something impish to do. Gosh, I'm glad I could know him in some way.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Saint Louise (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #10000072) on Wednesday, May 4, 2011 - 12:08 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Pegi,I know for a fact Jerry wants you to be with Rafe, no doubt in my mind.
I hope he Does graduate and make you proud :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Saint Louise (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #10000073) on Wednesday, May 4, 2011 - 12:19 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

CB, that picture was taken in the old store, so it must be about 3-4 years old. That is definatly him

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3346) on Wednesday, May 4, 2011 - 12:34 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi all! Just went for a ride around "Tha Bay" looking at damage and have to say... THE PRINCESS AND I ARE VERY LUCKY!!!

Hi Lou, I have been missing our little talks.

T, Tom, Tommy, the guy hat might know the red headed lady that lives by the water, near some trees in Vahmont

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Saint Louise (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #10000074) on Wednesday, May 4, 2011 - 12:59 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Me too Tom. Im happy that you and the Princess did not have damage.
I tought it was "Chippy the goon" that knew her, unless you got lost one day in the woods of Vahmont and she saved you from the big bad hugging bear

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Judy Workman (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #332) on Wednesday, May 4, 2011 - 1:01 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Maggie Girl, I know how conflicted you are about this trip, but I must agree; You NEED to there for Rafe! He's got to be running the gamut of emotions, needing his momma. I hope you don't mind me speaking my feelings. Be there for the living while you can; life is too short.

I so wish I could be at the COL too, but know Jerry would approve of us going on to Bonaire instead. It's our true connection to each other. I think of you every day Louise, and my heart breaks for your loss. He means so much to all of us and we only had him a short time compared to you. Let your heart feel his presence in everything you do; he's still with you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By *Tink* (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2701) on Wednesday, May 4, 2011 - 1:12 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Louise...I feel pain, but not even close to the depth of the pain you are feeling. I'm not even going to try to say something, because there are no words.

What I do want to tell you, is that I LOVE YOU...I picture you sliding off the back of that boat on Klein, snorkeling, smiling, me swimming 2 miles to the Belefonte doc to get your skin, sitting in the Bel jacuzzi getting eaten by mosquitos watching the sunset, having bbq weenies watching the sunset, chatting, hugging, putting a hello kitty tattoo on your neck to bug Baby Jerry. YOU ARE PRECIOUS AND SPECIAL...to a lot of people.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, post whatever you are feeling, hurting, venting, missing, whatever. This is YOUR PLACE right now to help grieve...and we are here with open arms listening and in a couple of weeks will give you more love and hugs that may even break a rib (well, we know that Mr. Bill may break a rib). When you are feeling this way, close your eyes and imagine all of us in a circle holding you up....let us be your shoulders as long as you want....we aren't going anywhere...

close your eyes and feel the love and hugs

WE LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara "CB" Gibson (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6567) on Wednesday, May 4, 2011 - 1:15 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Saint Louise.....what Cynde said...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3348) on Wednesday, May 4, 2011 - 1:27 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

L, Chat on, vent away.

To once again, clear things up, Chippy was the goon that knew her, he just thought I might. How was I to say I didn't and make him feel that the woman

a. whose name he couldn't remember
b. that lived somewhere he couldn't name and
9. that meant so very much to him

wasn't known and adored by all 3 of us Vahmonters? huh huh huh?

Jerry, still had tears in his eyes from laughing so hard, when I took the photo of him outside the store in Andover:-{)}

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara "CB" Gibson (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6568) on Wednesday, May 4, 2011 - 1:48 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Saint Louise, I am the one responsible for that big box of Hello Kitty Crap Jerry has stashed somewhere. It started with me, at least, although five or six of us were mailing him stuff from all over the US at one point. He eventually figured out I was the culprit, but we gave him a good run for his money. He was even comparing handwriting samples on the addresses, looking for a clue...

When you moved the shop, I prank called Jerry, asked for some asinine, obscure bicycle part, and got the new address. I don't think I ever told him I'd called...I could just about hear him willing himself patience as he talked to me...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.A.... (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #17448) on Wednesday, May 4, 2011 - 1:55 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Louise my dear Lady, it is difficult for me to imagine the hurt and loss you are feeling but want you to know everything everyone is saying here is sincere and true. We all love you and I thank you for sharing Jerry with us. I saw this last week and immediately thought of Jerry:

A life that touches the hearts of others, lives on forever.

Jerry truly touched the hearts of many!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Saint Louise (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #10000075) on Wednesday, May 4, 2011 - 2:30 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Well Tink,as you said I can post and vent here.Here it is. I saw Jerry fight for 6 weeks and never complain how horrible it must have been for him. He did not eat for 6 weeks,no water for 6 weeks,his troath was so dry he had difficulty talking.He could not stay in contact with BT because of no connection at the hospital,no TV,no reading,nothing to do but be in bed for hours and hours at watching the clock. I saw him every other day for 1 hr, he wanted me to go home, after beeing there 1 hr. He keep his sense of humour to make me smile. My last kiss, his tongue was so dry it felt like sand paper,we did not talk much because it was hard for him with his troath beeing so dry.He said he was in no pain to me but I found out later from the nurse he ask for pain med. He spend a lot of time alone in that bed, going from test to test wich I am sure was not pleasent. I know he suffer for 6 long week and probably was afraid but never let on in front of me and it break my heart that he had to go trough all of this He did not deserve dying this way It was a horrible way to died and he never complain, he actually thank everyone who took care of him.He waited till we were all gone before letting go and he died alone. It brakes my heart of the way all this happen I wish he would have drop dead suddenly instead of seeing him go this way It hurts horribly and I am very angry of the way he died It is so F... unfair

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara "CB" Gibson (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6572) on Wednesday, May 4, 2011 - 2:43 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Louise, thank you for sharing your thoughts. You are more than welcome to share more. I am in tears, but I am grateful to share Jerry's last six weeks, and you have helped me understand why he finally said, "No more."

We shared so many jokes, but time and again, he showed me who he was. The first time was after a terrible stupid fight on BT that alienated so many of us...here came an email from Jerry: "If you are receiving this, you are my friend...come back and share our friendship.". And we did come back.

So many times, he showed me what a peacemaker he was but without mawkishness or sentimentality. He was the one who held us together through so many little spats.

The last time he showed me who he was was when he decided to take his life into his own hands and end it with as much dignity as he could. I hope I can stand up and do the same when it's time. I am not the least surprised that he went graciously. You the Man, Jerry...

I can't tell you a thing about Jerry you don't know, obviously; I'm trying to tell you how he revealed himself to me through the years of our friendship.

I'm off to work with tears on my cheeks...I'll be thinking of this, and you, as I go through my day....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By *Tink* (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2702) on Wednesday, May 4, 2011 - 3:39 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

My dear Louise...thank you for sharing. Keep venting, keep talking, don't suffer in silence please. I'd be angry as well. To see him suffer like that must have been the most horrible thing ever. You are soul mates, and you have lost a part of your soul and self with this. When I was suffering years ago dealing with my mom's death, BT was here for me to vent, cry, be angry, question, ask for help, everything. I want you to do that if you feel like it. Get mad, get angry, it's part of grieving for the man you loved more than anything in the world. To see him suffer like that makes it even more painful. So please my friend, share and get it off your chest...we are listening...I think Baby Jerry knows that we will hold you in our loving circle and help you move through this most horrible and painful time.

I too have tears, but they are tears for you and what you are suffering through. Please don't stuff it all in and keep quiet...venting and talking helps...if you ask for the moon, I guarantee someone here can get it for you.

When I left you a message the other day on the phone, I was going to ask you if you can get massages, pedicures, manicures, etc. You need some pampering and dagnamit I'm gonna get you some if that is your wish. And you have every right to be fing angry and mad at the way you had to see the love of your life suffer.

I love you my friend...and am holding you in my arms as tight as I can right now...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kiwi aka Steve (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1096) on Wednesday, May 4, 2011 - 4:08 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thank you so much for sharing, Louise. I had to let my thought slow down a little before I posted. What a terrible, terrible time for both of you. Jerry was a tough guy. He took a lot on himself. At the same time he was a sensitive person who deeply cared about his friends and family.

You are so right that he didn't deserve to die as he did, but I think he handled dying as he handled most everything else. Like a man.

Mind spinning again...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By *Tink* (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2704) on Wednesday, May 4, 2011 - 6:26 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Louise, Sherman sends his hugs too :-)
Sherman and his pink bunny ears

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donna (Agent 99 wannabe) ) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6493) on Wednesday, May 4, 2011 - 7:11 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Pegi...that's what I was thinking when I said what I said, that Rafe would want you there for him..and Jerry would certainly want that, too...

Louise, I cannot even imagine your pain...everyone is right, Jerry was a peacemaker and a friend to all...We are all here for you..I never met you, but I will soon and I hope you know that I really do care very much. I'm so sorry Jerry suffered so much. He definitely did not deserve that and through it all he was still thinking of others....

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration