BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Community Chat: H is for Horseradish
Bonaire Talk: Community Chat: H is for Horseradish
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Princeypoo******Kenny's Muffin Forever (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #893) on Wednesday, April 20, 2011 - 7:02 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Good AM to all and especially you darlin and Jackass. Damp and cold on island today. Typical weather for the annual horseradish festival This event started small but has grown into a major east end event. Horseradish root is harvested in the spring when it is at it's hottest and tastiest. The ground root is found in many traditional easter baskets and in some places is actually taken to church for blessing. Along with pussy willows the horseradish signaled the rebirth of spring and fortells the rebirth that comes with Easter. The root itself is also part of the traditional Sedar table.

Happy Horseradish day and have a safe one

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donna (Agent 99 wannabe) ) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6396) on Wednesday, April 20, 2011 - 8:16 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Happy Horseradish Day!!
I like that! :)

Good Morning Princeypoo and all to follow...

Here's a pic from Amanda's latest Guam collection..

Guam lumps

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By **Jim Mc **-- But you can all me Link (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5343) on Wednesday, April 20, 2011 - 8:22 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

George, thank you for the most informative lesson on horseradish. :) :)

Bonaire, even though they don't grow horseradish, is great so far. Aquawoman is doing the UV light dive tonight with Bas. I already did it with him when I was down here with modomania.

OK, I'm outta here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.A.... (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #17430) on Wednesday, April 20, 2011 - 9:22 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Ppoo....you just slay me with your wealth of knowledge! I love to put horseradish on my matzos!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara "CB" Gibson (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6513) on Wednesday, April 20, 2011 - 10:22 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

PooP, please tell me there is a Giant Horseradish involved....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donna (Agent 99 wannabe) ) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6407) on Thursday, April 21, 2011 - 6:58 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Picturing a giant Horseradish...rather scary!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3227) on Thursday, April 21, 2011 - 7:48 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hey Darling, do you process your own? My Pops used to, had to set up outside to do it but, man that stuff was incredible!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Princeypoo******Kenny's Muffin Forever (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #894) on Thursday, April 21, 2011 - 11:07 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hey darlin. I do my own and like your dad i set up outside. It's either that or watch the bird fall off his perch. Nothing like sticking your nose in the blender for that first pungent wiff of heat. Well almost nothing.

For your info dollar menu to include fish for
good Friday tomorrow.

Ride safe and love often

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3230) on Thursday, April 21, 2011 - 11:24 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

:)

FYI, the lunch program at the high school I attended was run by a bunch of Catholic ladies. One Friday during my senior year (only once) my cousins Levi, John and I were filling our trays with those delectable treats the ladies prepared. When we got to the entrées the choice was over cooked haddock or cheeseburgers. Being the "outlaw" in the family, while my cousins grabbed the "hackkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk" dried out fish, I grabbed a burger. One of the ladies Mrs. Dion said "Tommy, today is Friday." and rolled her eyes towards the fish. I think she almost came undone when I said "Thank you for reminding me Mrs. Dion. We won't be eating at home tonight, I better have another." and grabbed a second burger. Those ladies sure were yacking as I grabbed my milk and left the line.

True story and.... thanks for the reminder Mr. Hughes (Darling) I'll have two doubles for old time sakes

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration