BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Community Chat: The Dear Jerry Thread
Bonaire Talk: Community Chat: The Dear Jerry Thread
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By **Jim Mc **-- But you can all me Link (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5334) on Saturday, April 16, 2011 - 9:12 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

As I was sitting here this morning having coffee, and getting ready to go to our favorite island, I had this thought. What if we all wrote a letter to Jerry, letting him know what he meant to us. Possibly, some could be read at the COL.
April 16, 2011

Dear Jerry,

I am not really a sentimental person, as some things in life have made me try to not get that way. However, today, as I leave for Bonaire, a certain void has entered my heart and soul. The last time I was there I shared that time with you and Louise. Having Tom, Tim, Freddie, The Prince, Bill, Chip, Cynde, and Steve was an incredible bonus. But the private time I had with you, sitting on the back deck of the Bellafonte left an indelible mark in my heart since you went to the other world.

As you are reading this, you should be very honored as to how many people loved you. In fact, in May, people are coming from all parts of the United States and even a great guy from Germany. So my friend, you have caused a true international event. It is not going to be a party. It is going to be a celebration to honor someone who brought so many people a lot of sunlight on some pretty cloudy days.

You see my friend, you had this incredible way of making people feel good about themselves. Since I have been on BT, I have witnessed a myriad of problems and even disasters that other members have had. You would immediately help "circle the wagons" to help ward off the bad and help these wonderful people. But did you notice the events that happened when you got sick? Your friends from New York and Vermont were there for you and Louise. What did that tell you? Yes, they are pretty amazing people, but you were not real surprised they were there, were you? Neither was I. They loved you. And why should they not?

Well buddy, I have to go pack. It's not much. When I am beneath the sea tomorrow, I hope I look over and see you holding Louise's hand underwater and waving to me with the other.

Sincerely,
Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By elaine sculley (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2116) on Saturday, April 16, 2011 - 10:51 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

dear jerry

even though we never got the chance to meet u did enter my heart.

u always made me laugh when reading bt and i'm sure u are helping others to acclimate to heaven.
u were always there for everyone and we will be there for louise.

hugs always
elaine

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bas Noij -- www.vipdiving.com -- (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #660) on Saturday, April 16, 2011 - 7:52 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Dear Jerry,

I was fortunate enough to meet you on the island we both love so much. You are a one of a kind person...full of positive energy. A real inspiration to me! I believe that being positive makes the world a better place and you sure did your share in that department. You fought a brave battle. Godspeed and we will remember you for ever.

A big Bonairean cheers!

Bas Noij

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Saint Louise (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #10000051) on Saturday, April 16, 2011 - 9:07 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Jerry I love you

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By I'll always be BOOM here! (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #14923) on Sunday, April 17, 2011 - 11:04 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Dear Jerry,
Thank you for showing me a better way to be. I have a long way to go to be the kind human you were in flesh but you've left many reminders and lessons for me when I stumble.

Generosity of spirit... you gave definition and form to that idea. It now has a tangible meaning that I know is attainable.

I truly hope to be such a generous soul someday and to help teach others along the way.

That's my thought for today... I know tomorrow there will be yet another of your wonderful attributes to guide my path.

Much Love,
Tara

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By *Linda* (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #9287) on Sunday, April 17, 2011 - 6:23 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Love you Jerry!
Louise, Love you, too. You are a very special lady.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie...........someoneisstillawizeass (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #15836) on Sunday, April 17, 2011 - 6:38 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Dear Jerry,

OMG I miss you so much.
From the first time I emailed you, Welcoming you back to BT, I knew you would be an important part of my life. Little did I know that we would become like brother and sister as we navigated through the years..
You were such a pain in my ass for a while, but I knew you were doing it all in fun and to help the other inmates out.. You were right there beside me that terrible March ’08 Webcam Snafu, when I thought I would just give it all up, but you talked me through it and helped me cope at a very sad time in my life.. and you held all the inmates together as well.. We, BTCInc. Welcomed you into the fold not only to control your shenanigans, like we could really do that, LOL, but to allow you to help us learn so much more about life, love, and laughter..

I remember the first time I ventured to your home to finally meet the man that drove me nuts and his lovely wife.. It was the first long trip that I ever took by myself…the first of many, I am happy to say.. You opened your home to a complete stranger although we had come to know each other well on BT.. Poor Louise, I am sure she just didn’t know what to say or try to say as she could hardly get a word in with us yakking… :)

You again welcomed us to your home for the 1st NEMM , we all met people that day that we had never met and renewed friendships with those we did.. Again the out pouring of love and kindness that you showed everyone was a wonderful thing to see..

You visited us once on Long Island and it was my pleasure to show you the sites and have you both and Caymus for company for a weekend.. We had a great time even if you did get sea sick on the ferry ride over. I have so much more to show you here , but will share that with Louise and Caymus soon I hope..

You welcomed Tom and I into the your kitchen as well, gosh you even trusted us to use your knives and seasoned pans.. You even got us chef hats for the day :)

Our adventures and dives with you and Louise on Bonaire were very special to us. I will always treasure seeing you jumping in off the Belle’s dock in your ancient dive gear:) When next I dive the clear blue waters you will be with me as you are part of Bonaire.

Another NEMM gets in the works and you of course run with it.. This time collecting even a larger crowd than the first.. More people meeting for the first time and Hugs galore… all made possible because a former PITA is loved by so many and returns that love threefold. You told us then the next MM would be at the lake or the beach. If it is nice we will try to make that happen for you buddy…..

Our evening IM chats were my favorite.. we would each have a glass of port, and go over the BT day..Or we would work on menus for a meal we might have been hosting and talk about the wine that would go with it…. I still say that BOX wine with ICE CUBES goes with anything :) BM! You were there for me when I just needed someone to talk to , joke with and whine to.. and I loved you for it…. I can still hear your voice when I would call you at the shop.. FREDDIE!!!! I can almost see the smile on your face saying it..

You and I worked hard on projects for BT that didn’t go over so well, like the advertisement section but we didn’t give up that easily, we wanted BT to grow . We created the Food and Wine section that will be named in your honor on BT2 :) You helped us to begin the transition to BT2 and you worked hard on some projects there.. BTAD will never be the same without the man with the can..

You let us to be part of your life and of your death and I will be forever grateful to Louise for allowing us to be there with you in your final days. I am also happy that we could be there for her and will be there for her for as long as she allows us..
You are missed my friend, by many, but especially those of us who could call you a mentor, brother and friend…..
Sleep well MK, rest easy, life as you knew it is no longer but the memories that you left will live forever.

Love MF {aka MQ]

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Saint Louise (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #10000053) on Tuesday, April 19, 2011 - 6:51 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Swettie
I miss you so so much.I miss our morning having coffee and sharing our tought, I miss our dinner time at night when we were cooking together and enjoying what we had prepared together with a glass of wine. I miss our conversation about nothing and deep life mystery.I miss your presence in the house even when we were in seperate room I knew you were there if I needed you.I miss your sense of humor,you always turn a bad situation around with your sense of humor.In my darkest moment you always lifted me up with your ability to put thinks in prespective, making me see things in a different way.When I was doubting myself at times you always restored my confidence. You have been my biggest support through life. You were my very best friend and even after an argument it would end by you saying "we only have each other".

You left such a big hole in my heart.I know you did all you could to fight this for me and I am so sorry for all that you have endured to come back to me. Jerry you have no idea how much I hurt and miss you. This stinks big time as you would say.How am I going to survive without you?
You were such a big part of me. We were one.I need you more then ever to get trought this because I cannot do it alone. I feel so lonely without you.
I want to let you know that the BT family have been my biggest support but I am sure this does not suprise you. That last weekend Freddie George and Tom held me up I don't know if I would have survived without them there.

(Message edited by modfreddie on April 19, 2011)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By **Jim Mc **-- But you can all me Link (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5341) on Tuesday, April 19, 2011 - 8:46 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Beautiful my friends. In fact, eloquent.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3222) on Tuesday, April 19, 2011 - 9:19 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Lou, we held and continue to hold each other up. Jerry gave us a precious gift - each other.

Much love my sister!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eileen**and* (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #16137) on Tuesday, April 19, 2011 - 9:35 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

(((((((HUGS))))))) Louise

I wish I knew what to write. hugs

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3224) on Tuesday, April 19, 2011 - 12:23 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hey Skippy, what's up? Ya kno what brother, been wasting a lot of time pissing and moaning over your leaving us and it's been a f****ng bummer. what was it, like a month ago you said to me that night "I'm okay, you be okay too!" I think I finally, just now got it "No shee-it!!!"

Shee-it man forgot to remember all the awesome times we had, laughing, cooking together, playing pranks on each other, ganging up on and playing pranks on others too or, just talking. Those were some great days, bring back lots of smiles gonna focus on them and quit being so f***ing morbid!!! Can I say "morbid" here? ;)

Okay, I have to admit I used to about piss myself calling you, disguising my voice and messing with you. How many times did you hang up when I went a bit overboard only to have me call you back and give you for your being rude to customers? GOTYA SKIPPY!!!

"Hi, I am looking for a bike for my boyfriend, do you have blue bikes? Is it any cheaper if he don't need the seat?" click

LMAO, that was the first time you ever heard of my guy Torr. Yorbutt was is last name, wasn't it? snort!!!

how about when I called and pretended to be an eyetaylean dude looking for a Mother's Day gift for his wife?

"Hey Bucky, do any of the ladies bikes you sell have really big seats? Oh I can buy a big seat? Have you got like tractor seats? My old lady got a really wide backside, I'm talking wiiiiiide. I like em that way. How about you, do you like a woman whose ass affects the tide?" click

I wonder how many REAL customers you hung up on after that just because they had .... um, odd request.

or how about when I stopped in to see you at the shop and your "Goon" Skippy, Chippy, wtf ever his name was, asked where I lived. When I told him Vahmont, he asked me if I knew a redhead up here that lived near the water, where there were trees around. I thought you were going to blow snot rockets when I told him I thought I knew her. Sheeee-it man, we laughed all the way to Palmers Tavern over that one. Remember? I sure as hell do.

But it worked both ways my friend, you used to call me when I needed it and lay lines of shee-it down then laugh your ass off when you realized I was gullible enough to believe it YA LITTLE BAS**RD!!! Talking with Lou the last time Freddie and I were both there, it seems you liked to do that to everyone you loved so I was lucky that you chose to play with my head - I GUESS. BITE ME BROTHER!!! XOXO

One of the last things you tried to tell this rag tag group was to "spread the joy" That's what you were all about my Brother - a man that spread joy. I love that about you and that is what I hope to do more of - spread the joy.

Be well my friend and oh yeah, on the day you see me coming, open the door so I can slide into the kitchen sideways - Okay? I plan on screaming "WHAT A F***ING RIDE" so don't be surprized.

Cheers - click

p.s.: why do we always find what we are looking for in the last place we look?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By I'll always be BOOM here! (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #14929) on Tuesday, April 19, 2011 - 12:28 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By *Linda* (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #9297) on Tuesday, April 19, 2011 - 12:36 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Maggie/PS (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #13683) on Saturday, April 23, 2011 - 12:07 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Dear Jerry,

I just miss you so much. You are the heart of BT. You were always here for us...to offer a laugh, a smile, a "slap" when it was needed. My fave was when I knew I posted something wrong and sat here thinking "Oh, I'm in trouble now..." and you would post Maggie:). I knew you got my point and understood what I meant, but took it off 'cause I'm a bad girl sometimes!!!:):):)

You have helped so many people by welcoming them to BT, showing how to post things, and just being you. You brought smiles to everyone, even when it seemed hard to find a smile.

I was so lucky to have gone to the NEMM and meet you and Louise. I remember being at the hotel that morning, and YOU came and got me. We talked the whole way back to your house, like we had known each other forever. I love that special time with you!F'n HEART

We had a wonderful NEMM!! I loved sitting w/ you outside just laughing!! That was so wonderful!!
Then everyone left but me. Imagine this, I'm blond and didn't plan my flights right! You and Louise opened your home to me. I spent the nite w/ yall. How SPECIAL was THAT?????? We had a great dinner of Hors de Vours(?) and wine. Lots of talk and laughter.....:)

BTW, thank you for the time on your deck()...LOL
Where we talked and you helped me with a lot of problems I was having. You got my head straight. Thank You.

The next day Louise took me all over and showed me around and it was such a fun day!! You guys are just WONDERFUL!!!!

THEN, there was the time when I couldn't afford to get Bas declawed. But it HAD to be done, because of how his nails were growing. It was right before Christmas. I go to the mailbox one day and there was a check from You and Others, I know. It covered Bas's surgery and also bought Christmas Presents for my children. I cried so hard that day....I didn't know what I was going to do, but, there was Jerry!!! I love you for that and will be forever grateful!!F'n HEART

I don't think I can ever say "Goodbye" to you. I find it hard sometimes to get on BT, knowing that you won't be here. Yeah, I've made a joke about how you can't stop me from posting "TIME" early, but you would SO get that!!!!!

I love you. I love Louise. Thank you for EVERYTHING!!!!
You're the best.
MAGGIE:)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Meeeeee~chelle (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2223) on Saturday, April 23, 2011 - 3:50 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I loved reading all these wonderful letters to Jerry..Louise please accept some very special ((HUGS)) from me to you. I wish I could make the hurt go away..your letter was so moving and full of LOVE!

Hi Jerry~~
We never had the opportunity to meet or chat. We exchanged a few mails and I got my fingers slapped several times during my melt down period. WOW..I was a lucky gal that I didn't get booted off BT! One day we WILL sit and have a conversation. I am in hopes that I can join in your celebration. Thanks in advance for opening your home to so many :)
((HUGS))
Meeesh

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Saint Louise (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #10000069) on Tuesday, May 3, 2011 - 9:08 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

My dear love
As the time pass I miss you more and more. I remember all the good time we had together with sadnest and pain in my heart because you are no longer with me.I think of you all the time and want to be with you. Why did you have to go cant you see I cannot live without you!!!
I wish I could have gone with you where ever you are. Jerry I need you so bad, life has no meaning without you. You are my life.
I love you
Rosie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By *Tink* (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2691) on Tuesday, May 3, 2011 - 10:46 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Louise, my heart aches for you so badly. I cannot even imagine the pain, hurt, and clear devastation you are feeling. Know, even though it probably isn't a lot of comfort, that we think of you every day, and would do ANYTHING to take this pain away or ease it in some way. We will be there in 3 weeks to love you, hug you, cry with you, laugh with you, and surround you with all the strength BT has....

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Cynde Loo Hoo, Tinky Poo, etc....<3<3<3<3<3

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration