BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Community Chat: Sunny Sunday
Bonaire Talk: Community Chat: Sunny Sunday
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Julia Graves (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1613) on Sunday, April 17, 2011 - 6:13 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Good morning, Bob and I are back from our visit to Andalucia. We had a great time; we visited Granada, Seville, Cordoba and Malaga. Great weather and lovely hotels. A company called Lemon Valley organised it for us and are well worth a look for Spanish travel. (We have no tie in with the company!)
Anyway, I went to the farm shop for you and we are having roast pork, yorkshire puds, savoy cabbage, broccoli and apple sauce. Strawberries and ice cream for pudding. We are also having a nice tempranillo for those who want to raise a glass.
Have a lovely day! :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donna (Agent 99 wannabe) ) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6383) on Sunday, April 17, 2011 - 8:53 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Good Morning, Julia!
Good Morning, BT!

Lunch sounds good. I'm glad you had a nice trip.

Looks like the sun may be out today!! :) :) :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By I'll always be BOOM here! (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #14924) on Sunday, April 17, 2011 - 11:09 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Good Morning BT ♥♥:)♥♥

It's a super beauty of a morning here today. Just enough of a slight breeze to keep it from being as HOT as it was yesterday. Guy is already off to work, the cats are fed, both kitchens are cleaned from yesterday's bbq and the house is cleaned.... laundry, exercise, cooking and some bookkeeping are the only things on my ToDo list. My kind of day :)

As Sister PegiPie says... "It's all good!"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.A.... (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #17425) on Sunday, April 17, 2011 - 12:32 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Good Morning everyone! Quiet around here right now but we have an away game later with Rajan's soccer team. Coastal fog still hanging around here so no sun yet.
We are heading down to LA on Tuesday morning for some fun, shopping and maybe some beach time if the weather is good. The kids are off from school this week so we will find an adventure to keep us busy. :)

I hope everyone has a fabulous Sunday!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Superturtle (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4565) on Sunday, April 17, 2011 - 1:41 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

:) Good Afternoon, EVERYBODY!! :)

Louise - Great BIG Bear Hugs for you, my dear!! :) :)

And BIG HUGS for Jake as well!! :) :)

Sun??? Yes, we had some sun......just before the snow and mini blizzards moved in!!! :(

Luckily, the ground is war enough that it isn't staying!! :) :)

Hope everyone is having a good day :) I'm off for my NAP!! Up way too early this morning, out trapping feral cats for spay / neuter. :) :) Our group had 7 in total for the clinic!! :) :)

:) Bill :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donna (Agent 99 wannabe) ) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6384) on Sunday, April 17, 2011 - 1:45 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

A nap sounds like an excellent idea....plan on a quick nap before heading out for some errands at the mall... :)

the sun is still out here....yay!! :)

Hope everyone is having a great Sunday...wherever you are! ♥

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara "CB" Gibson (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6501) on Sunday, April 17, 2011 - 2:00 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Morning, buddies.

Bill, good for you! The number of stray and feral kitties around here breaks my heart. Every summer when they leave mommy, I trap and cry and trap and cry until I get them into rescue. All of last year's babies were young enough to go in as adoptees...good for them and good for us.

I've been taking care of two abandoned cats, trying to find them homes for months and months. Yesterday one of my neighbors came to my door and said she thought her cat had adopted me. She's been going through a divorce and not had the time or energy to come looking for him, but had spotted him in my yard! Yay! Scruffy the cat went home! I'm betting he'll turn up again, but she and I have a plan to take him home again when he does...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara "CB" Gibson (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6502) on Sunday, April 17, 2011 - 3:37 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Let's see if I can post a pic of this kitty...I can never size them, have to copy them from FB to here, and then they're too small...

Scruffy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara "CB" Gibson (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6503) on Sunday, April 17, 2011 - 3:39 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Good boy, Scruffy.....go home!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3216) on Sunday, April 17, 2011 - 3:50 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi all!!!

CB,:):):) Here is a larger version of that pic

CB and Scruffy

you softie - you:):):)

going into moderator mode, dah dah dah dah dahdahhhhhhhhhhh

(Message edited by vtscuba on April 17, 2011)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Cousino (Moderator - Post #112) on Sunday, April 17, 2011 - 3:52 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi all!!!

CB, Here is a larger version of that pic

CB and Scruffy

you softie - you

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3217) on Sunday, April 17, 2011 - 3:54 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

there, my work is done, I go bye bye now - click

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara "CB" Gibson (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6504) on Sunday, April 17, 2011 - 3:57 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks, Tom. Yes I am...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By elaine sculley (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2118) on Sunday, April 17, 2011 - 4:14 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

good afternoon gang

hugs louise thinking of u and jerry

nothing doing today. took bess to doc for an ear infection but doc thinks she has allergies. bring her back may 1

hugs♥♥♥♥

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Saint Louise (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #10000052) on Sunday, April 17, 2011 - 4:36 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Good afternoon BT Sunny day here but windy and Caymus is loving it. It has been a long winter for him too so now it just wants to lay down in the backyard sooking those sun rays and patrolling his yard

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By "Barbie"Ruth******Ken's forever love (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5671) on Sunday, April 17, 2011 - 5:21 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi all :)

We are on the road to SUNY New Paltz. Have a 4 hour tour in the morning. Thought it would be best to get there tonight and have a good night's sleep. Staying 2 nights there, then heading to NJ to look at a college for Nathaniel's GF. Hopefully will hit UMD @ Baltimore on our way through to Charleston as well.

Will be lurking as I can during the week.

Hugs and love to all :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie...........someoneisstillawizeass (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #15835) on Sunday, April 17, 2011 - 6:14 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Good afternoon,errrrrrrrrr evening everyone.

LOooonnnnnnnnnngggg night last night, right up until now in fact.. left for the airport at 3:30 yesterday to pick up friends,for a 6:45 flight that got delayed because of weather.. grabbed an hour sleep there waiting for plane to be redirected back to that airport.. Got home at 3:30am and needed coffee and something to eat :) took a two hour cat nap with a dog and so goes my day........yawnnnnnnnnnnn
have to go out again tonight around 10pm to DIL's house to sleep over....on the couch with a big dog OH joy :) I am taking my pillow with me this time :)
Did a little BT2 work,yes it is almost ready just waiting on actually two things to happen, and then we can open it :) Promise soon, REALLY!!:):):):):)

the day here was clear but windy and cool.. the sun was out, but because of all the rain yesterday it was very damp...and muddy!!!
I hope everyone had a wonderful day and if it was nice went out to feel the warmth as it was, and soak up the vitamin D...
Hugs to those that want and need them and a big BM if you don't :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By *Linda* (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #9288) on Sunday, April 17, 2011 - 6:37 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Evening BT1. Can't wait to play on BT2.

Another day in paradise here. Lots of sun and a few puffy clouds.

I actually got to work a hand signal with Nicholas the male dolphin today between dives today.

The trainer "held" him while I got my a$$ up onto the platform after my first dive. Then she asked me to interact with the dolphin. She sent him over to me while I kneeled on the edge of the platform - in full gear & 20 lbs of weights - as he came to me I gave the signal and he turn onto his side to give me his pectoral fin. :):)

We did this three times then I had to get up and out to switch tanks. It was my reward - I think she was really training me. :)

Time to cook dinner. A women's work never ends. :):)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donna (Agent 99 wannabe) ) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6385) on Sunday, April 17, 2011 - 7:29 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Evening all...back from a shopping adventure...time to relax and write out a few bills, etc..

Cute kitty! :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By KIV ~ Kobi in Virginia (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #15028) on Sunday, April 17, 2011 - 8:01 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Freddie, hope you catch up on some rest my dear!!! Hugs to you for all you do!!!

Linda, LOVE hearing about your weekends. Honestly it's a highlight as I wake on Saturday I know you're busy spinning and or diving :)

Donna, shopping is GOOD! Do you truly write out bills? Just asking as I point and click on bill pay :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By "Barbie"Ruth******Ken's forever love (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5672) on Sunday, April 17, 2011 - 8:08 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Made it to New Paltz. Ken is looking up the nearest GMC dealership. The check engine light came on part way here. Want to make sure we can get to SC! Gotta love it :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donna (Agent 99 wannabe) ) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6386) on Sunday, April 17, 2011 - 8:24 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Kobi, I started paying most of my bills on line...a couple I still write. I did a little of both tonight. And yes, shopping is GOOD! :)

Ruth, check engine light...not good! Hope it's something simple!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By KIV ~ Kobi in Virginia (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #15029) on Sunday, April 17, 2011 - 8:25 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Safe travels, Ruth and gang!

I am off to start reading the manual on my new UW camera. Bought it 5 months ago and never took it out of the box. I've been told that is my chore for the evening LOL! Appears we're going somewhere soon :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie...........someoneisstillawizeass (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #15837) on Sunday, April 17, 2011 - 8:30 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

check the gas cap Ruth it might not be on right or it might be gone all together....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By KIV ~ Kobi in Virginia (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #15030) on Sunday, April 17, 2011 - 8:36 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Freddie, good suggestions! This happened to me recently; good old vapor lock!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3218) on Sunday, April 17, 2011 - 8:44 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

you can always disconnect those annoying lights ya kno.

pee pee night night time pooooooof

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donna (Agent 99 wannabe) ) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6387) on Sunday, April 17, 2011 - 9:02 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Yes, I've had that happen to me, too...the vapor lock thing.. hope that's all it is.

Hugs to all of you..goodnight!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By I'll always be BOOM here! (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #14925) on Sunday, April 17, 2011 - 9:02 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

The Car Talk guys say to keep black duct tape in your vehicle at all times for just such emergencies.... a little square will do you
placed over the lite on the dash just incase anyone isn't following....

Okay, back to the chicken on the bbq for me.....................................

Linda!!! what is the hand signal... we may need to know this for May ♥♥♥

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By "Barbie"Ruth******Ken's forever love (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5673) on Sunday, April 17, 2011 - 10:17 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks for all the suggestions :) Gas cap was in place, but the light suddenly is OFF! Ken will prob go have it checked anyway, just to be safe. Or take Tom's suggestion and disconnect all lights ;)

Li'l Red is highly confused, but very happy to be snuggled down next to me :) Couldn't leave her behind ;)

Hugs and good night BT!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Princeypoo******Kenny's Muffin Forever (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #890) on Sunday, April 17, 2011 - 10:20 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Maybe the check engine bulb blew out

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By *Linda* (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #9289) on Monday, April 18, 2011 - 8:47 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Boom, I'll have to show you the hand signal in May. And no she didn't give me the middle finger sign. LOL!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration