BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Community Chat: Spring Break
Bonaire Talk: Community Chat: Spring Break
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RObert Carter (BonaireTalker - Post #66) on Friday, April 15, 2011 - 9:47 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I know that I am still rather new to this forum, but I do like to talk.
What do you remember the most about Spring Break as a kid (OR at least a younger version of a kid for those who still feel like kids)

As a teacher I like the fact that I get to say so long to my 1st graders for a full 8 days. I am also excited to get back as well.

Robert

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By *Linda* (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #9278) on Friday, April 15, 2011 - 10:25 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Robert, Welcome and feel free to join us in chatting any time.

Spring break in college brings back memories of fun at the local lake near Emporia, Kansas. Being a water sports person, I enjoyed every minute swimming or hanging with my friends.

Spring break as an adult working at the University of Kansas meant less traffic in town and better parking spots at the university. LOL!

Spring break here in Florida means WAY long lines of traffic on the causeways to the beach. Since I volunteer at a rescue, rehab, release aquarium that is located half way across one of these causeways I get there way early. :)

It's all good, though.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By **Jim Mc **-- But you can all me Link (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5330) on Friday, April 15, 2011 - 10:33 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Robert, as an educator for 35 years, it means, "I'm outta here like Vladimir."

I was too poor in college to ever go to any of the happening spots, but the break was always good.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By I'll always be BOOM here! (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #14917) on Friday, April 15, 2011 - 11:50 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hello Robert!
I can't really remember Spring Break --- oops! In high school we used to go to Ocean City MD chasing the boys

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By KIV ~ Kobi in Virginia (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #15022) on Friday, April 15, 2011 - 11:55 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Tara, I was thinking the same thing LOL! Those are things I cannot speak of :)

Spring Break was fun though!!! What bits and pieces I can remember.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Neptune Nick (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #177) on Friday, April 15, 2011 - 12:11 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I remember in High School on Spring Break going to Ocean City, MD and chasing the girls!!!

My parents owned a beach house in Bethany Beach, DE.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Maggie/PS (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #13662) on Friday, April 15, 2011 - 12:24 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Well hey everyone!!!!:)

Ahhhh, Spring Break when I was in HS was THE best. My grandma ran a hotel in Daytona Beach and I always got my own room, shared with way too many friends!!!!!!!!!
This one time, we got all kinds of drink mixes and beer, and hid them in the bathtub, on ice. Grandma comes to our door to make sure we have everything that we need. I tell her "yep. IT'S ALL GOOD!!" WELL, she wants to check our towels...OMG!!! She goes into the bathroom, comes out and just hangs and chats w/ us for a few minutes. Then she leaves. Then there's a knock on the door like one second later, it was Grandma. She said "When yall start mixin' those drinks, be sure to bring one over to me..." HA HA HA!!! Oh, we had FUN!!!!!!!:)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brenda (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1332) on Friday, April 15, 2011 - 2:21 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Ohhhhhh, spring break= fun fun fun

Then I became a mother, Spring break= worry worry worry

Then they left, Spring break= I don't care I don't care I don't care

Now I'm a grandmother, Spring break= week week week of babysitting!

Spring break?..........

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donna (Agent 99 wannabe) ) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6367) on Friday, April 15, 2011 - 3:17 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Spring Break.....in college I went to Bermuda one year with a few friends..it was fun...something I am amazed a chicken like me actually did! LOL

and a few years ago over Andrea's Spring Break I went to Bonaire for the first and only time to visit Amanda while she was there...also an awesome experience!!

I love Spring...the flowers blooming, the birds singing.... :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By KOB (LBR32) (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #581) on Friday, April 15, 2011 - 5:26 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Dating myself ... Ft. Lauderdale late 60's & early 70's was the place to be. Drink a little, smoke a little, remember little !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RObert Carter (BonaireTalker - Post #67) on Friday, April 15, 2011 - 10:09 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Ok KOB,
I am a little younger than you but how is that different than the late 90s and early 00s minus the Ft. Lauderdale or was it there?
Robert

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Princeypoo******Kenny's Muffin Forever (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #886) on Saturday, April 16, 2011 - 5:56 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Growing up in the Bronx our spring break revolved around a trip to Arthur Ave. There was this one chick over there who did a wild version of Madonnas "Like a Virgin" which included a very special demonstration. Ohhhhhhh the memories.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By **Jim Mc **-- But you can all me Link (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5335) on Saturday, April 16, 2011 - 9:40 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks a lot George. There is coffee all over my screen and keyboard now. LMAO!!!! Did she look like this?

my pictures

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By I'll always be BOOM here! (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #14919) on Saturday, April 16, 2011 - 11:45 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Neptune were you that cute boy with the black curly hair and really good weed?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By KIV ~ Kobi in Virginia (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #15023) on Saturday, April 16, 2011 - 2:48 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Tara....LMAO :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Maggie/PS (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #13670) on Saturday, April 16, 2011 - 4:39 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

LMAO @ Tara!!!!!
But....wouldn't THAT be funny!!!???!!!!:)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.A.... (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #17423) on Saturday, April 16, 2011 - 5:41 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Arthur Avenue???? never heard of the place! LMAO :S

My most memorable spring break was going to Tokyo, and not exactly the whopping party time I had hoped for. Now before you get all excited let me explain in a few words..

Hong Kong with 20 engineering students....who wanted to go to a math competition.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donna (Agent 99 wannabe) ) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6380) on Saturday, April 16, 2011 - 5:48 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

LOL RA!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.A.... (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #17424) on Saturday, April 16, 2011 - 7:39 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

So in Tokyo I could not got to the Karaoke bars with the guys so I got to learn how to make tofu.
Then onto Hong Kong where I had to go shopping for fake designer stuff with the other girls and then the math competition I sadly realized at this point my partying days were over...it nearly killed me!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By KIV ~ Kobi in Virginia (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #15025) on Saturday, April 16, 2011 - 8:22 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

RA, LMAO!!!! What a spring break memory :) Girl, you were living large then for sure. I mean tofu, faux designer shopping AND a math competition? you got us all beat :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donna (Agent 99 wannabe) ) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6382) on Saturday, April 16, 2011 - 8:44 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Sounds like you were vacationing with my geeky family!! LOL

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration