BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Community Chat: Another Angel has earned her wings
Bonaire Talk: Community Chat: Another Angel has earned her wings
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By I'll always be BOOM here! (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #14869) on Sunday, April 3, 2011 - 1:12 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

The hardest thing I've ever done... saying goodbye to my beloved Rasta.
We let her go yesterday afternoon, in a most peaceful way at home. She went so quickly and peacefully, I know that she was ready.

Thank you all for always being here with your love and support.

She was so much more than a dog, pet, companion, fur-kid, or even sweet soul. For 15 years she has been my constant. This morning was so hard, today has been painful but I know that we did the right thing and that Rasta is free from her pain.

Tara & Rasta

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By *****Patrick with sharks on Bonaire***** (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #5348) on Sunday, April 3, 2011 - 1:15 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

BIG HUGS LITTLE SISTER(((((HUGS))))

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeanine (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #10209) on Sunday, April 3, 2011 - 1:21 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Oh Boom....hugs from us (from Hutch too!)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donna (Agent 99 wannabe) ) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6244) on Sunday, April 3, 2011 - 1:22 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I'm so sorry, Tara...hugs!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roy - 'Rayman' (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4063) on Sunday, April 3, 2011 - 1:34 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

:( Tears being shed here to help ease your pain Tara & Guy, but also glad that Rasta is no longer suffering. I'm sure Jerry will enjoy her company!

BIG HUGS too, oh and that picture is lovely - both of you!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Judy Workman (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #301) on Sunday, April 3, 2011 - 1:41 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Tara, Such a difficult and selfless decision to make. Hugs to you and Guy. Rasta is happy and in a wonderful place now. Yes, Jerry will be there for her...what a nice thought.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By elaine sculley (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2104) on Sunday, April 3, 2011 - 1:42 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

i am sorry it was so good u had each other for so long.

hugs

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Princeypoo******Kenny's Muffin Forever (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #858) on Sunday, April 3, 2011 - 1:50 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Boom sorry for your loss but glad for all the good times you had with Rasta. Been three years since i lost my Sara and i miss her still. Thank God i've got Lil'Red and lots of other critters to get my doggie fixes. Loved the picture too. Was wondering where my sweatshirt went.

Hugs to you and Rainbow Bridge tail wags to Rasta

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gail T.*********** (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #5083) on Sunday, April 3, 2011 - 2:07 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

It is the hardest thing for us to do. But it's also the best gift of love that we can give them, when the time is right. I applaud your courage, and send you and Guy giant hugs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Saint Louise (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #10000042) on Sunday, April 3, 2011 - 2:26 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Always remember that you gave Rasta the most precious gift of all....
A life filled with love and affection

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Beck-eeee (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2677) on Sunday, April 3, 2011 - 2:53 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Tara,
Rasta was so lucky to have had you! As difficult as it is, you gave her the most amazing gift by ending her pain. You did it for her, rather than for you. You are an amazing person...
hugs from me, Jingles, and the 2 kitties

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By **Jim Mc **-- But you can all me Link (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5293) on Sunday, April 3, 2011 - 3:12 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Tara, YGM. I am so very sorry.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara "CB" Gibson (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6449) on Sunday, April 3, 2011 - 3:23 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I'm sorry, Tara. She was a special girl...I'm glad I got to meet her.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By KIV ~ Kobi in Virginia (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #14999) on Sunday, April 3, 2011 - 5:03 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Tara,
I am so very sorry for your loss :( My heart aches for you and Guy. You are such a loving furmom and I know the pain you feel. I also know all the joy that she brought you for many years. I am SO very thankful that Rasta had such loving people in you and Guy. What a blessing you were to each other!!!
You gave her your ALL and she returned that ten fold to you.

Hang on to the wonderful memories and know there are many of our furkids at the bridge playing with her. We will see them again.
Much love to you both!!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Maggie/PS (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #13604) on Sunday, April 3, 2011 - 5:28 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Tara & Guy,
I'm so sorry. I feel like I've tried helping you hold her up for so long. She's such a part of all of us. Let's hope that Spice isn't "bipping" her on the head too much and they grow to love each other.

Somehow, I know this would be wanted on this thread....
Caymus sending you good vibes

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3122) on Sunday, April 3, 2011 - 5:41 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Tara - Guy, XXX

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By *Linda* (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #9236) on Sunday, April 3, 2011 - 5:54 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Oh Tara, I am so sad to hear this.

You and Guy are the best mom & dad Rasta could ever have had. You gave her everything she needed and were alway there for her.

Miss Rasta is over the rainbow bridge, but she isn't alone. Jerry and his best friend, my Indy, and many more BT fur friends are there for her.

Love and Hugs to you and Guy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brenda (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1305) on Sunday, April 3, 2011 - 6:37 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I'm so sorry Tara......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Judy T (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5749) on Sunday, April 3, 2011 - 6:50 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Tara & Guy

My heart goes out to you. Beautiful picture - it says it all.

Big Hugs and Lots of Love

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By I'll always be BOOM here! (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #14871) on Sunday, April 3, 2011 - 7:16 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thank you all for the support, phone calls and emails... it really has helped me get thru this hardest day. Guy is on duty so the boys and you all are my crutch today... I just don't have it in me to visit anyone.

Pegi Pie ~ Rasta loves kitty-head butts
This was her and Bob yesterday morning... the boys both loved her very much - she was a real kitty-dog
bob gives rasta a hug
and this was her after our last walk around the circle... I almost called it off as she was doing pretty well but that girl would have walked through fire to be with me.
Rasta
As I said on FB... I take solace in knowing that she can walk without pain, hear like a pup and see everything in her path.

Thank you all again for your outstanding love and support ♥♥♥♥♥

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marilyn M. (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #4) on Sunday, April 3, 2011 - 7:24 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

So sorry to read of the passing of Rasta, Tara. I've really enjoyed your postings about her over the years as she was the same age as my Maggie and has a very similar build. This decision is so hard to make, as I know I have to make it in the very near future for my Maggie's sake. I will say again, thank you for sharing Rasta over the years. It was a joy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Just little ole me with a (*) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6341) on Sunday, April 3, 2011 - 8:12 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

So sorry Tara...Very hard indeed. They are our best friends.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denise K (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2969) on Sunday, April 3, 2011 - 8:22 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

sadkitty Tara, we are so sorry.

Rasta and you were very fortunate to have each other's love.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Superturtle (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4498) on Sunday, April 3, 2011 - 8:33 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

So sorry to hear of your loss, Tara and Guy.
Sending BIG HUGS for both of you. ♥

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie...........someoneisstillawizeass (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #15774) on Sunday, April 3, 2011 - 8:58 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hugs((((((((((()))))))))))))) Tara and Guy.. you have voice mail

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By "Barbie"Ruth******Ken's forever love (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5632) on Sunday, April 3, 2011 - 11:46 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Tara, big hugs and love to you and Guy. I am so sorry.

You have so many beautiful memories of your special girl. She was blessed to have you, as you were blessed to have her to call your own.

Rasta is romping at Jerry's side, watching us and smiling!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eileen**and* (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #16120) on Monday, April 4, 2011 - 7:13 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Our thoughts are with you during this time Tara and Guy. I am so sorry! ((((HUGS))))

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cecil* (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #8791) on Monday, April 4, 2011 - 10:09 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Just saw this, I could not be more sorry, Rasta was so loved for so long. The loss must be terrible, I'll be thinking of you and Guy and remembering the good times will bring some solace.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Johnny "Smack" (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1900) on Monday, April 4, 2011 - 11:08 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Rasta is running with my long-gone pooch, Echo.

Tears in my eyes and a smile on my face

Smack

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Debbie B.~ Jersey Gal(*) (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #13124) on Monday, April 4, 2011 - 3:00 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Lots of hugs and stuff, Tara. ♥♥♥♥

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl (*) (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2089) on Monday, April 4, 2011 - 7:05 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Tara. We are so sorry to see this. But we know you did the right thing. Great big hugs from us all

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tad Jones (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #404) on Monday, April 4, 2011 - 9:55 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Tara,

I'm sure it will sound callous, but I broke down and cried harder when the vet came to my house and put my beloved Barney down than I did at my own mom and dads funeral. Not that I didn't love them dearly.

There's just something about our furkids...??? I immediately went to the shelter and got another beagle to keep our boxer company. Our furkids need companionship too when we are not home.

Barney has been laid to rest in our backyard for 4 years now, sleeping lazily under his headstone. He's still watching over us...?

God bless you. We are all going to cross that Rainbow Bridge too, and if we were half as lucky as our furkids, it would be A Wonderful Life!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By I'll always be BOOM here! (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #14877) on Tuesday, April 5, 2011 - 12:18 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks again -- having a tough morning today :(

Tad, Guy totally broke down and said the same thing - he was more upset about losing Rasta than when his mother passed. I reminded him that he spent almost as many years living with Rasta as he had with his mom (he moved out at 17).

♥♥♥♥♥ definitely missing my girl today

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Superturtle (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4505) on Tuesday, April 5, 2011 - 12:49 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Great BIG Bear HUGS, for both You and Guy, Tara!!

And Holle sends along a 'tail wag' and Ivy, a 'bum wiggle'!! :)

:) Bill :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Little Bus...Dianna Rides the Little Bus (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #648) on Tuesday, April 5, 2011 - 1:22 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Tara - I am SO sorry, I am just catching up on threads - - ..

I wish I could find something to say - Rasta is playing with my Beau, Mac & Sammy & even BooCat on the other side of the rainbow bridge. My dad is good company - he didnt believe in heaven but was a good man so I believe he is with our pets.. Probably shooting the with Jerry, watching the ocean..

I found this - its the rainbow bridge poem sent to music..

http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html

The hounds send you love, as do I.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration