BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Community Chat: Parental Warning
Bonaire Talk: Community Chat: Parental Warning
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donna (Agent 99 wannabe) ) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6228) on Saturday, April 2, 2011 - 9:41 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi, didn't want to start a controversy or a downer on the other thread today, but I wanted to share something that happened to a friend of mine...her sons (underage) went out with friends the other night, one of them wound up at the police station, the other at the hospital where he almost died...this is what they were drinking... Four loko...I had heard stuff on the news about it, but now I looked it up..if you have young people, please warn them of the dangers..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_(energy_drink)

Also there's a surge of people using "bath salts" to get high in my area...I thought they were talking about the kind you get in gift baskets at Christmas, now I saw this article in the newspaper today, again..dangerous stuff

stuffhttp://www.tnonline.com/node/186522

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donna (Agent 99 wannabe) ) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6229) on Saturday, April 2, 2011 - 9:42 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

ok that link for 4 loko won't copy right...just type Four loko into a search engine and you'll find it...

(Message edited by devfam on April 2, 2011)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Smits (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #981) on Saturday, April 2, 2011 - 1:23 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks for the warning.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By *Tink* (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2609) on Saturday, April 2, 2011 - 2:39 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks Donna, Four Loko has been banned for sale in a lot of states. I don't remember the exact alcohol content, but a lot of young kids are drinking it. They don't realize that the alcohol content is so high. I asked some coworkers if they'd heard about it when the story broke out here a few months ago, and they all knew about it.

http://www.mynorthwest.com/category/news_chick_blog/20101114/Four-Lokio-now-banned-in-5-states/

Apparently you can still get it on Craigs List (Craps list as I call it).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donna (Agent 99 wannabe) ) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6234) on Saturday, April 2, 2011 - 2:46 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

yes and unfortunately I think you can get it in Pennsylvania, too..

Thanks for the story..
Yeah, you can get all sorts of not-so-good stuff on Craig's list! :(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara "CB" Gibson (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6445) on Saturday, April 2, 2011 - 3:19 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

The eternal concept of the speedball.

Hey! I love Craigslist! Never buy anything before I look there first.

Cynde, I went to put my nightshirt on at my mother's last night....yep....the sleeves were sewn closed...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donna (Agent 99 wannabe) ) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6235) on Saturday, April 2, 2011 - 3:24 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

CB, I'm sure you can get good stuff on Craig's list, too!

Your Mom must be a trip! I would NOT enjoy that at all..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara "CB" Gibson (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6447) on Saturday, April 2, 2011 - 3:30 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

She's done this stuff my whole life. Putting cellophane over the toilet bowl is the one that gets me.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donna (Agent 99 wannabe) ) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6236) on Saturday, April 2, 2011 - 3:36 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Yeah, that would be pretty gross!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By *Tink* (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2611) on Saturday, April 2, 2011 - 4:00 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

CB...tee hee....I bought Michael's kayak on Craps list...good deal. We've cleaned out our garage and sold most of it there...but, don't try to buy a car there....or some other things. I've been watching too much court TV i think while I've been on medical leave...lol...lots of Craps list scams...that, and people meeting other people on FaceFart that turned out bad...one guy met this gal on FF and taught her how to drive on their first date...she wrecked his car....OOPS! LOL! My fave, Judge Millian is not a fan of Facefart LOL.

(Message edited by lovetodive on April 2, 2011)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By KIV ~ Kobi in Virginia (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #14993) on Saturday, April 2, 2011 - 5:42 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks for sharing the link, Donna!

A friend of mine got REALLY messed up snorting bath salts. Yes, he's a dumbsh*t!!!! Thankfully all the stores in town have had their stock confiscated.
The drink is not in this area to my knowledge.
I have been known to get into some Crackstar aka Rockstar energy drinks from time to time over the last few weeks. Those things are dangers in and of themselves!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donna (Agent 99 wannabe) ) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6239) on Saturday, April 2, 2011 - 6:04 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Kobi, Glad to hear the bath salts were removed from your area..and hope your friend is alright and using wiser judgement now...

Alot of people use the energy drinks and we've seen alot of people who drink alot of green tea in our office with palpiataions...our nurse practitioner feels there is a connection there..

I'll stick to good old fashioned black coffee..(not that it's good for me either)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration