BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Moving to Bonaire: Residency - Health Check
Bonaire Talk: Moving to Bonaire: Residency - Health Check
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Willis (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #6) on Wednesday, September 22, 2010 - 6:01 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi there everybody. Just sorting out my residency paperwork and was wondering if the health check and blood tests (Hep and HIV) can be done on the island. If so, how long does it take and any idea of costs. I'm coming out in October for 3 weeks and it seems like a good thing to get out of the way.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4149) on Wednesday, September 22, 2010 - 1:38 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

generally if is a renewal, you can do it on island. For new residency it should be from your home town medico

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob - RE/MAX Bonaire - bonairehomes.com (BonaireTalker - Post #40) on Wednesday, September 22, 2010 - 5:33 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Richard -

They only ask for the Hepatitis and HIV test the first time you apply for residency (I guess you can't get either one of those things once you are here ;-)). It should be easiest and cheapest to get the tests done at home and just bring the results with you to and submit them along with the rest of your paperwork.

It is important to remember that some of the items you submit as part of your application have to be less than 6 months old, and some other things I THINK must be less than three months old, so be careful on your timing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob - RE/MAX Bonaire - bonairehomes.com (BonaireTalker - Post #41) on Wednesday, September 22, 2010 - 5:40 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

You also might want to check with immigration if you are submitting your residency paperwork for the first time. I have been told (but it is not confirmed yet) that they new not accepting new applications for residency at the the moment. This is in order to allow the immigration people to complete the applications that they already have in process before 10-10-10 when Bonaire becomes "part" of Holland. They also expect the residency process to change because of that. At the moment the new rules that will take effect on 10-10-10 have not been published yet.

If I find out more, I will let you know.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Willis (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #7) on Thursday, September 23, 2010 - 3:32 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks Bob - I'd be especially interested in anything you hear about the immigration process. I've been trying to get out of the UK for over 18 months but cannot get my house sold. Things are gradually improving but I hope that they (immigration) don't pull the rug out from under me at the last minute. Especially as I've got a house on the island already !!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Karyn Smith (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Saturday, March 19, 2011 - 9:31 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

my daughter wishes to be a resident of Bonaire, while her fiance is in school there. how does she go about getting the paperwork. how long will it take, we live in ontario canada. any help on anything pertaining on how to move to Bonaire would be so helpful. she has hit so many road blocks she is getting very frustrated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lizard0924 (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #513) on Saturday, March 19, 2011 - 4:46 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Karyn - this website should prove helpful to your daughter:
http://www.rijksdienstcn.com/page/35/admission.html

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration