BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Moving to Bonaire: Creating a legal business entity
Bonaire Talk: Moving to Bonaire: Creating a legal business entity
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vin Colgin (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #2) on Thursday, November 18, 2010 - 3:47 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I am interested in finding an accountant/tax that can consult me on creating a legal business entity. Anyone have a recommendation?

I've heard that you need the help of an accountant, who have an expanded role in Bonaire and act much like a lawyer would in the US. I might also need the help of a "member" that is a citizen of Bonaire or NA.

My goal is to perform outsourced computer work for as long as the government will allow. :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4203) on Thursday, November 18, 2010 - 12:58 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

you will have lots of competition from locals. Will you be based here or the US?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vin Colgin (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #3) on Thursday, November 18, 2010 - 1:11 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I write software over the internet and can work anywhere in the world. so I'm looking to setup a business that will allow me to continue the consulting business and dive all the rest of time. So it won't be a bricks and mortar business. But it would be a business 100% based in bonaire aka NA.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4204) on Thursday, November 18, 2010 - 2:37 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

NA no longer exists...we are now the BES Netherlands Caribbean. You may not need a permit for a business that is offshore but you will still be liable for taxes on world wide income.. check with Bruce Zavon at zavon@zavontax.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vin Colgin (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #4) on Friday, November 19, 2010 - 12:11 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hmm.. Haven't had any luck with Bruce Zavon; a few emails and a phone call, but nothing.

We leave tomorrow morning! I'll have to check out that real estate guide it seems. Can't wait for some bubbles!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Schnaak (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #9) on Friday, November 19, 2010 - 10:48 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Vin, he's in Indonesia on a dive trip. I think he's back in another week or so. Hold out for him, because he would be your "go to" guy for this situation

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration