BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Moving to Bonaire: Are there any opportunities for US Attorney?
Bonaire Talk: Moving to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 2009: Are there any opportunities for US Attorney?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Galen Criscione (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Tuesday, November 17, 2009 - 1:23 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I visited Bonaire recently and thought it was pretty much the best place ever. I am an attorney licensed in New York State. Are there any opportunities for someone like me in Bonaire? I haven't been able to find much info searching the internet.
Thanks,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vince DePietro-www.bonairebeachcondo.com (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2576) on Tuesday, November 17, 2009 - 3:31 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Galen..Welcome to BT! Yes Bonaire is a great place and rest assured you're not the only one who has thought of picking up & moving there. However from my own personal knowledge, unless you are well schooled in the vagaries of Dutch law, and speak fluent Dutch I personally am not aware of any opportunities for a US attorney.
Here's a website for the dept of economic affairs which you might want to check out. Good luck to you.
http://www.bonaireeconomy.org/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3912) on Tuesday, November 17, 2009 - 5:06 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

You will have to be creative and find a niche to fill. Your chances are pretty slim, however

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ruth van Tilburg (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1179) on Tuesday, November 17, 2009 - 5:34 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I can find something for you if you speak Papiamento, Dutch and Spanish...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By rick Baker (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #9) on Wednesday, November 18, 2009 - 7:10 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hey Ruth, what about me? What do you have for me? I am losing my tan here in Colorado and need to get there asap!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ruth van Tilburg (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1181) on Wednesday, November 18, 2009 - 8:40 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Rick, same as for Galen...if you know all four languages spoken here, you can work at the front counter or as a supervisor...one language...well, there's always need for fryer-cleaners. Or start at the top and buy a restaurant...
;-D

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By rick Baker (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #10) on Wednesday, November 18, 2009 - 8:42 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

What restaurant and how much? Is it on the water, can i watch the sunset?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vince DePietro-www.bonairebeachcondo.com (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2582) on Thursday, November 19, 2009 - 6:47 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Rick..I think you'll have an excellent view of Kooeyman :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Galen Criscione (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #2) on Thursday, November 19, 2009 - 1:29 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I am going to learn all the languages ASAP and hold you to that!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ruth van Tilburg (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1182) on Thursday, November 19, 2009 - 1:42 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Bring it! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Krispi*** (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #7932) on Thursday, November 19, 2009 - 6:18 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Ruth , I will clean the fryers! LOL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ruth van Tilburg (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1184) on Thursday, November 19, 2009 - 7:19 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

You're on Krispi...you can take the night shift & dive during the day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Goodwin * (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #568) on Friday, November 20, 2009 - 11:24 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Krispi,

Be careful...... I've been down this road with Ruth.

She may speak softly, but believe me, she carries a big stick!

And she knows how to use it.....and does daily.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Laurence Ransom (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #3) on Monday, January 4, 2010 - 4:33 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

How about a retiring physician - gratis services to local hospital?

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration