BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Moving to Bonaire: Shower Water Heaters?
Bonaire Talk: Moving to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 2009: Shower Water Heaters?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joanie (BonaireTalker - Post #39) on Tuesday, October 27, 2009 - 12:24 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Has anyone used the shower water heaters sold in Kooyman? Curious what your experience is. Do you need to run electric for it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Antony Bond (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #550) on Wednesday, October 28, 2009 - 4:24 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

The water heaters are pretty good if not a little crude. They are of course powered by electricity so check the power output.

We kept ours switched on all of the time so that we always had hot water.As they have a thermostat they will cut in and out as required. For showers and washing dishes, they are more than adequate.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan - www.bonairecaribbean.com (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3922) on Wednesday, October 28, 2009 - 6:18 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I got mine at Playa Trading and it's been great.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joanie (BonaireTalker - Post #40) on Wednesday, October 28, 2009 - 11:10 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Ann are they the same ones Kooyman sells. Sounds like they are an easy install. Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan - www.bonairecaribbean.com (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3923) on Wednesday, October 28, 2009 - 5:06 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Joanie,

No mine is like a metal tank. The ones I saw at Kooyman were like boxes? I had a plumber install mine. It is located in a separate room. I have had it 5 years.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration