BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Moving to Bonaire: Leather furniture
Bonaire Talk: Moving to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 2009: Leather furniture
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Bomberg (BonaireTalker - Post #16) on Monday, July 20, 2009 - 7:54 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

How well does leather handle the climate (indoor sofa), I have heard don't as the salt air will destroy it then I have heard treated leather is the best as it's cool and comfy in the heat.

So all of you with real experience, please tell me your thoughts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JOBY (BonaireTalker - Post #64) on Monday, July 20, 2009 - 10:17 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Don't worry too much about how the climate treats the leather. Trying to sit on leather seats in this climate is absolute HELL.
I have never come across any leather seating here that you could vaguely term "cool and comfy". Maybe it works if you never get hot and sweaty and stay in an air-conditioned coccoon at all times, but .... get my message?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Bomberg (BonaireTalker - Post #17) on Monday, July 20, 2009 - 11:40 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Joby, I do and I was not planning on cocoon living, any opposing views as I love leather sofas (but will bow to public opinion)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vince DePietro-www.bonairebeachcondo.com (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2340) on Tuesday, July 21, 2009 - 5:31 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Personally I would NEVER chose leather anything in the Caribbean. M2C

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By *Tink* (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #327) on Tuesday, July 21, 2009 - 10:35 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I'm with Vince, however, I have to add I'd never choose leather anywhere it's HOT. My parents lived in AZ for a few years and had faux leather couches...hot, sweaty, sticky, ick!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Debbie B. ~ Jersey Gal(*) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #9942) on Tuesday, July 21, 2009 - 11:14 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I know some folks who had some leather furniture shipped to their place on Bonaire, and it is yucky, hot and way sticky, humidity and leather, no, no, no.

Peter, I noticed you are asking a lot of questions about moving, renting your place on Bonaire here on BT. I don't know if you are aware or not, but MOST folks here do not live on island, a few of us do have a place, but I would think asking your questions to a realtor or someone on island would be more informative. Or when you find someone here who lives/owns on island, private message them to continue off the boards here. Just a suggestion.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Bomberg (BonaireTalker - Post #20) on Tuesday, July 21, 2009 - 11:22 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Debbie actually I thought the opposite that most people on BT are either living on the island or are there often so I figured they would have good practical experience.

Ok silly question why are we here if we don't live or plan to live on the island? I plan to retiree there and am working my way towards that goal (10 year plan).

But fair point, but I get the point about leather so it's off the list (great as it's pricey and furnishing a place is already expensive so saving money is always good).

Peter

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Debbie B. ~ Jersey Gal(*) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #9945) on Tuesday, July 21, 2009 - 11:49 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Peter, we are here as we all have one common thing in common on BT, WE ALL LOVE AND ENJOY GOING TO BONAIRE! Oh, and believe it or not, there are some of us who have never been to Bonaire yet, but look forward to doing so sometime in the future.

I am sure we all would love to live on Bonaire, we bought a place back in 2004 and I look forward to the day when we can spend more time there, but that will have to wait for another 4-5 years for us. I still would not live there year round though, I want to see my kids and grandkids some of the time too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Bomberg (BonaireTalker - Post #23) on Tuesday, July 21, 2009 - 11:55 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Debbie, we are heading down the same path (I am just slower) 10 years and the plan is 120 days in Bonaire, 120-180 sailing on a Cat (somewhere in the world, with the home port being Bonaire) and then 45-120 days in Ottawa.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration