BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Moving to Bonaire: Microfiber Sofa
Bonaire Talk: Moving to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 2009: Microfiber Sofa
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Bomberg (BonaireTalker - Post #18) on Tuesday, July 21, 2009 - 9:41 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hello my trusty advisors, ok so leather got the boot, any thoughts on microfiber sofas?

Peter

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Debbie B. ~ Jersey Gal(*) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #9943) on Tuesday, July 21, 2009 - 11:39 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Peter, I have to ask you, exactly HOW much time have you spent on island personally? Some of your questions make me think you might have just visited once and bought. Sorry, not meant to offend, but just an observation. I see you are from Ottawa, my hubby grew up there, nice area in the summertime.

That said, when buying furniture, keep in mind that it is important to have furniture that breathes, cushions should all have removable covers that can cleaned when needed.

You noted you plan on renting. So, be aware that folks will deposit lots of body oils on whatever you purchase such as suntan lotions, sweat and what have you. They may even sit on your furniture with wet bathing suits as they don't own your place, they are renters. I have found that rattan furniture holds up well. I clean my cushions every three to five months or so otherwise, they start to look dirty. When they get to the point of no return, you can just have new covers made on island or at home and replace. If doing it on island, you will need to bring down the material, or order it from Curacao which takes a week or so to come in. Then you need to take the material to someone to make new ones for you. Take measurements of all cushions when you purchase it so you have the measurements for future use. Me, I would not go for microfiber. Not with renting. Sunbrella material is a good choice on materials, a bit thicker and wears well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Bomberg (BonaireTalker - Post #21) on Tuesday, July 21, 2009 - 11:46 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Debbie, your question is fair and no offense taken. I have been to Bonaire 3 times so lets say a total of 1.5 months, and about another 2-3 months in the Caribbean, yes it's true I have never lived there just vacationed.

The places were always furnished so that is why I don't know what works and what does not. I agree on removable and washable cushions.

Thanks for the tips on sunbrella and skipping microfiber.

Peter
the same a

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration