BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Moving to Bonaire: Hospital in Bonaire
Bonaire Talk: Moving to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 2009: Hospital in Bonaire
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andrej Spec (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Tuesday, July 14, 2009 - 10:25 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

So I am a newly graduating doctor, and I want to spend a month volunteering at a tropical hospital, preferably one that has a lot of dive related medicine.

I have also just come back from Bonaire and absolutely loved it.

Thus, I want to do this at their hospital.

I found only some cursory contact information online, and thus I am posting here for that reason. The email that I had hospitaal@bonairelive.net bounced.

Does anybody know of a doctor in the hospital I could talk to? Does anybody know an email that would get me in touch with some of the doctors?

any help very much appreciated,

Andrej

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By MadMan (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #206) on Wednesday, July 15, 2009 - 1:30 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I think their general e-mail is info@fundashonmariadal.org . Try contacting Dr. Giovanni Frans (Director of the San Francisco Hospital and / or Giselle Coffi. their web site is www://fundashonmariadal.org for more info (its in dutch)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3748) on Wednesday, July 15, 2009 - 9:30 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Chances are you will not be able to do any volunteer work at the hospital. I assume you are an American and unless you speak Papiamentu, Dutch and Spanish you will find it difficult to find a spot to offer your services. We do have volunteers who spend time at the chamber when needed, however there is an extensive training period associated with it. Perhaps you could do something at the one of the medical schools here. Contact St James at http://www.sjsm.org/ or Xavier at http://www.xusombonaire.net/

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration