BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Moving to Bonaire: So many questions: Working and living on Bonaire
Bonaire Talk: Moving to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 2008: So many questions: Working and living on Bonaire
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susanne Marojanowitz (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Sunday, July 13, 2008 - 6:06 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hello everybody,
I am planing to move to Bonaire for a period of perhaps 6 or 12 months. The most important thing is, that I can get a job on Bonaire, cause I already have a job offer. (It depends also on the period of time how long I can work for them.) So I only have to say yes, and the work on the papers and every other steps will begin. But before saying yes, I would like to know if it is possible to rent an apartment for 600 Naf. I was looking at the website of the resident real estate companies but could not find something. I am from Germany and also would like to know, which papers I will need. Looking forward to your respond.

Sanne

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan - www.bonairecaribbean.com (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3225) on Sunday, July 13, 2008 - 9:08 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Susanne, welcome soon. My last rental was 525,00 and I moved out in 2005. It was VERY spartan. 600 or less are available but are in local barrios and are very basic and spartan. You will find them from word of mouth thru locals only. The papers will not have places under 600 listed IMHO. That is a really cheap rental and again, very few in that market.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susanne Marojanowitz (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #2) on Sunday, July 13, 2008 - 9:34 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Ann, thank you for your answer. I think, I do not need very much in the apartment. A bed, where I can sleep, a bathroom and perhaps a kitchen. Thats all for the beginning. But perhaps it will be better to look for such an apartment when I will be there. For a few weeks I have the opportunity to stay at a place from a good friend of me who lives on Bonaire.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By carlos javier ridderstaat (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Monday, July 14, 2008 - 2:49 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hallo, mi ta mudando pa boniero mi ta buscando un apartement, ki posiblidad nan ta pa haya un apartement na boniero. mandami un e-mail si ta posibel jay_ridd1980@live.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3221) on Monday, July 14, 2008 - 10:57 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Bon Seurta!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sandra Lombana (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Friday, October 17, 2008 - 9:27 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hello, my name is Sandra, I currently live in Costa Rica and I'm an English teacher and translator. I am interested in moving to Bonaire but am not sure how easy it'll be for me to work there... I'd like to teach English or Spanish there... maybe at a language school... thank you for helping me out with some info...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3430) on Saturday, October 18, 2008 - 10:21 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Unless you are a Dutch or Antillean National, your chances are pretty slim at getting a job teaching here. It is not impossible but pretty unlikely.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sandra Lombana (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #2) on Saturday, October 18, 2008 - 2:38 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

THANK YOU FOR YOUR ANSWER MICHAEL, I SEE... IS THERE A POSSIBILITY OF TUTORING? BEING INDEPENDENT? WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Mathews (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #2) on Saturday, May 2, 2009 - 4:37 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hello everyone, as a first timer on BT I am intrigued by the topics of conversation on here. Like many here, I am very keen on the whole idea
of moving to Bonaire, I had a Eureeka moment there in December 2008 and haven't been able to stop dreaming of the possibilities ever since. Is it just wishful thinking or is it a real possibility to move and work there. I think a trial run would be the best idea, for about 6 months if possible. I am an (unemployed) Architect and artist (painter)looking for a fresh start and new challenge away from the doom and gloom of the Irish Economy and want to move with my Fiance (no children). Where do I start and any advice would be appreciated...thank you! (I have British passport she is Irish...)

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration