BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Moving to Bonaire: Types of Internet connection
Bonaire Talk: Moving to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 2008: Types of Internet connection
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Finan (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #6) on Sunday, January 13, 2008 - 8:26 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

what types of Internet connections are available on Bonaire. do they have cable modems or DSL? how much does it cost? any suggestions for the best value in non-dial-up service? contact info would be helpful for this newbee :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin W. Williams (Pink Beach Properties (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #477) on Sunday, January 13, 2008 - 11:18 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

You can get DSL service from Telbo, or cable modem service from Flamingo Cable. Telbo's rates are down around 50 guilders/month for DSL these days. I don't know what Flamingo's rates are, because I don't do business with them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barton B (BonaireTalker - Post #63) on Wednesday, February 20, 2008 - 2:57 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I'm paying 95 Naf per month for Flamingo cable modem, which is in addition to the normal TV charge. This is for ~ 512kbs service.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bas Noij (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #188) on Friday, March 7, 2008 - 11:32 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I used to have Flamingo for 95 NAf. Very variable speeds...generally pretty low and offline quite a bit. I switched to Telbo DSL. 99 Naf per month and much faster and much more reliable. Obviously at the moment I would recommend Telbo.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Shannon McCormack (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Wednesday, June 18, 2008 - 7:54 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Can anyone tell me if there is reliable, high-speed internet available yet and what the fastest connection speed available is?

I have been wanting to move to Bonaire for over 10 years and this is my only obstacle. I know it is close and I am very anxious (of course).

Incidentally, I have tried to contact Telbo many, many times and receive no reply.

(Message edited by shannon_m on June 18, 2008)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin W. Williams (Bella Vista Estates) (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #555) on Wednesday, June 18, 2008 - 8:05 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Telbo can provide links at 3Mbps. I use a 512K link from them. If reliability is a high concern, Telbo is the only reasonable option.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3173) on Wednesday, June 18, 2008 - 11:54 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

when did telbo lower their rates?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin W. Williams (Bella Vista Estates) (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #556) on Wednesday, June 18, 2008 - 12:28 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

If you are referring to my old comment from January, I was referring to the rate decreases they did in 2006. I was wrong to think they had dropped as low as 50.

I do know that the link I had at The Great Escape for 300 guilders/month (512K business grade) is under 200 now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vince DePietro (Bellevue Condos ) (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1516) on Wednesday, June 18, 2008 - 5:26 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Telbo just quoted me the rate on ADSL
1 MB download /384K upload; 99 NAF per month. If you pay the year in advance they give you a month free.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3174) on Thursday, June 19, 2008 - 8:57 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

missed seeing the date..

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration