BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Moving to Bonaire: Jet Ski's
Bonaire Talk: Moving to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 2008: Jet Ski's
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Stangel (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Friday, May 16, 2008 - 5:49 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Can anyone advise me where I have to register jet ski's when bringing them to the island? or do they even have to be registered?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By PegiSue* (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4743) on Friday, May 16, 2008 - 5:53 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Jet ski's and divers...hmmmm....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Boat Chick************** (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5200) on Friday, May 16, 2008 - 7:57 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

John, at one time I know that they were not allowed (if you had one previously it was granfathered in). Maybe someone on island can provide and update.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole B. (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6715) on Friday, May 16, 2008 - 11:44 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Welcome to BT, John! Jet Skis are a touchy topic here on BT...we all love the quiet and tranquility of Bonaire and divers have a legitimate concern over safety with them while in the water/surfacing, etc.

You are so lucky you are moving to Bonaire but you won't get much "support" for the jet skis here on BT! LOL.

Don't know if they are permitted at this point in time or not or if they still must be "grandfathered" into permission to use them....for folks who had them already and those on yachts, etc....the jet skis "leave" with the craft when she sails off into the sunset.

I know you will receive some "real" answers to your question, however and welcome to the board! Carole

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan - www.bsdme.info (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #579) on Saturday, May 17, 2008 - 6:41 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

So far the only regulations that I know of relate to the renting of jet skis which is not allowed. Unfortunately there are no rules against owning them that I know of. I would check with the BNMP as to rules concerning them and where to register. You might also want to check with Customs as to what the duty will be as importing boats can be quite costly.

(Message edited by sporter on May 17, 2008)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3086) on Saturday, May 17, 2008 - 9:25 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

It may be a good idea to sell them and not bring them..they are a real negative and even if you use them in a sane manner, folks will still look at them as the noisy, smelly, loud, intrusive machines the are. If you really are coming to Bonaire to enjoy the island and the nature it offers, jet skis are not a part of the equation. We deal with motorcycles, too many cars, etc. on the land. I think the water is one of the last refuges of sanity for many of us. Please, we have enough jet skis already that invade the shallows. Sorry for the rant to your first posting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Stangel (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #2) on Sunday, May 18, 2008 - 11:08 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

None of the comments surprise me and I do appreciate the frankness from Michael. Basically you have saved me a lot of money and aggravation. Thanks, there won't be any jet skis in our container.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Taft (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #881) on Monday, May 19, 2008 - 5:51 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

John, a big thank you to you as well for deciding not to take the jet skis with you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nathalie (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #268) on Monday, May 19, 2008 - 7:42 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Michael, a big thank you for writing what so many others were thinking. John, many thanks to you for not bringing your jet skis. I think I just heard a loud sigh of relief from multitudes of Bonaire fans.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3094) on Monday, May 19, 2008 - 7:58 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

John, you are indeed a welcome addition to Bonaire. Masha Pa Bien for your decision.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denise (ParodyQueen) (BonaireTalker - Post #28) on Monday, May 19, 2008 - 8:16 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

woo hoo from the snorkelers!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By karen gaffner (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #195) on Monday, May 19, 2008 - 9:45 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

another person making a good decision! i second the WOO HOO

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kristi..En mi isla del día en mi mente (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1922) on Thursday, June 19, 2008 - 8:54 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hello John, welcome to BON and BT.

Michael, I ditto what you so eloquently wrote and John I thank you whole heartily for your decision!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Captain Don (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #300) on Sunday, June 22, 2008 - 2:27 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hello John. by all means bring down some jet ski's/ The bigger and faster the better. Maybe a dozen to start with.

I have some old water sport companies we could get going. Jet ski's and spear fishing is the way to go.

what say? we gotta deal.?

Oh! be sure that the motors run on Kerosine.I just happen to have a couple of barrels hanging around from he sixties. gasoline being expencive as i is how a bout fitting the ski's with sails.

Daddy Warbucks/

http://www.oldbonairetalk.com/newsgroup/messages/board-topics.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3178) on Monday, June 23, 2008 - 8:30 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I am sure every time our good friend Captain Don puts his tongue in his cheek, he bites down...

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration