BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Moving to Bonaire: House alarm recommendation
Bonaire Talk: Moving to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 2008: House alarm recommendation
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave (BonaireTalker - Post #11) on Wednesday, May 7, 2008 - 7:43 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Looking for a reputable company on the island that installs residential/home alarm systems. Any help/feedback from the BT group appreciated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3064) on Thursday, May 8, 2008 - 9:48 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I would recommend Special Security Services...No matter who you choose make sure they have on island monitoring. Many of them have phones that ring as far away as St. Martin...then they dispatch local guards. Talk about out sourceing!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Davis, InfoBonaire, Bon. Insider (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #193) on Friday, May 9, 2008 - 8:46 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I've used Bonaire Security Force for the past several years, and find they have done a good job for me. The one time I inadvertently set off a silent alarm one Sunday morning, they showed up within five minutes asking if I was okay. I was wondering why they were there, until they explained they'd received an alarm from my system. Their contact info is at www.bonairesecurityforce.com.

When I did the installation, my cost for the system with Bonaire Security Force was under FL 1000.00. Special Security quoted me over FL 8000.00 for the same setup. Susan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave (BonaireTalker - Post #12) on Friday, May 9, 2008 - 11:32 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks for the help guys...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John th'oldun (BonaireTalker - Post #30) on Monday, May 12, 2008 - 5:10 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

In 2 houses I have had two different services. I didn't get Special Security to quote because I heard they were very expensive. I will not mention the names of the two companies, but you'll work it out. In both cases they said the work would take one day, in both cases they took 8 days to install.
One of the companies (who does not monitor alarms on Bonaire) has such poor security that if you set off the alarm accidentally, they just take your word for it that everythings OK, without asking for your password ( not an isolated incident, it's happened 8 times) so a burglar only has to say eveything's OK !!!!!

If you want more about these companies it will have to be done on private email

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barton B (BonaireTalker - Post #66) on Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 1:41 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

John,

I am interested in learning more as I'm building on Bonaire and will want a security system. I tried sending you a private email but private emails are not enabled on your profile.

My private emails should work...

Thanks,
Barton

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barton B (BonaireTalker - Post #67) on Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 1:47 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Oops ...

John, Of course, I could look at your profile and use the email address displayed :-).

sorry,
Barton

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Zavon (BonaireTalker - Post #43) on Friday, May 16, 2008 - 4:59 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We had the same good experience with Bonaire Security Force as Susan. We cut the power to work on the electrical system and they called right away to be sure everything was OK. I'd recommend them too.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration