BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Moving to Bonaire: Regulations
Bonaire Talk: Moving to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 2008: Regulations
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By galica wojciech (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #4) on Wednesday, March 12, 2008 - 3:51 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

are there any new regulations considering
future? B. is going to be really part of Holland? when? Is there anybody who knows how it will go with UE?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cecil (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6204) on Wednesday, March 12, 2008 - 4:24 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

The latest news is that Bonaire has decided to become part of the USA. Sorry Holland we want her and we saw her first, you can have Saba.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin de Weger (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4711) on Wednesday, March 12, 2008 - 4:37 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Cecil, DOWN BOY! You have had your chance with New Amsterdam!! We'll keep Bonaire.

Galica, next december Bonaire will be part of Holland as a special municipal.They are still working on details...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vince DePietro (Bellevue Condos ) (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1360) on Wednesday, March 12, 2008 - 4:51 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Cecil..Heaven forbid..Between you & me, I'm not too happy with what the US did with St Croix, and St. Thomas.
I used to own property in the USVI's but certainly would not any longer. Perhaps those islands should go back to the Danes. Real shame cause they are very beautiful.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By galica wojciech (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #5) on Wednesday, March 12, 2008 - 5:09 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

actually i still don´t know too much...
and i have impression that i´m not alone...
by the way, in this case, i´m not Dutch, and as long as island is willing to stay so beautiful i don´t care if its with US or Holland or whoever.
just i´ve seen some info about possible connection with UE - for me perhaps it means less `paper`problems. So it´s nothing about it at moment is it?
is there any official site to learn more about it?

(Message edited by ghalib on March 12, 2008)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin de Weger (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4712) on Wednesday, March 12, 2008 - 5:21 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I haven't found a site with the information, but I must admit I haven't looked very hard.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan - www.bsdme.info (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #552) on Thursday, March 13, 2008 - 6:24 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Galica,
Information is coming as it is decided. There is much to resolve as this process moves forward. Try www.amigoe.com or daily Herald out of St. Maartin for internet news.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael (BonaireTalker - Post #77) on Thursday, March 13, 2008 - 7:38 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Unfortunately I do not have time to translate what is on this page:

http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Staatkundige_hervormingen_binnen_het_Koninkrijk_der_Nederlanden

Basically: Yes: It was decided that Bonaire will be part of the Netherlands, at least "formally".
That should help them get rid of their debts and thus help develop a healthy financial situation.
IMHO good news, as long as Holland's influence is not too direct!

(What I mean: Yes help the Island but keep it's identity as it is now!)

Just my 25 cts

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By galica wojciech (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #6) on Thursday, March 13, 2008 - 7:43 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

i consider it also as a good news....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kristi TN (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #322) on Friday, March 21, 2008 - 2:45 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hey everyone, There is a Hilton moving in from what I was told by some locals...don't know for myself though. If true, definitely will be changes. 2010 I guess. And was also told recently, Dutch will take over by the end of the year. Look out divers, here come the jet skis...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2966) on Saturday, March 22, 2008 - 7:45 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Please...Jet skis for rental are banned by local regulation. Private ownership, while allowed is not that common (hopefully it will stay that way!)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kelly * (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #919) on Saturday, March 22, 2008 - 9:09 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

AMEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tribs, Bonaire Bound in May (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5605) on Saturday, March 22, 2008 - 11:54 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Wow...not to divert but when were the Jet Skis banned? You could rent them in January 07. This is great news! Thanks Michael!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By roy Doyon (BonaireTalker - Post #18) on Wednesday, March 26, 2008 - 5:31 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Several years ago I bought a lot in Sabal Palms but the construction costs have risen pretty high so I'm thinking of building in phases and doing some of the construction myself. I'd like to find out about mooring a house boat or a live aboard sailboat in one of the marinas. Does anyone have any information about this possibility and about the fees involved? In addition, does anyone have any information about transporting a houseboat to Bonaire or about buying one there? Thanks

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration