BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Moving to Bonaire: Need resource in Bonaire to assist with residency paperwork
Bonaire Talk: Moving to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 2003 - 2007: Archives 2006-01-01 to 2007-12-31: Need resource in Bonaire to assist with residency paperwork
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kerry J. Montgomery (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Monday, October 15, 2007 - 9:35 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hello folks:

I am attending school on Bonaire starting January.

The school looks after my paperwork but I am bringing my wife with me and want to find someone on the island who has experience with these things
and who will be able to help us get things set up with immigration.

I will be 65 in January and my wife is 53. We are collecting the same apostille documents for her as for me.

I am a retired High School Principal with an excellent pension so we can certainly demonstrate that she will be supported. She will also have the usual health insurance and evacuation insurance, etc.

Appreciate any help or direction.

Thanks,
Kerry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan - www.bonairecaribbean.com (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2909) on Monday, October 15, 2007 - 12:42 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hello

You can do it alone. Get a list of the documents needed and the current application.

Most of us did and it works out fine. The only problem is it takes hours to get the paperwork done. People are going to the Gov. House at 4 AM to get in line for a number. Crazy!

I heard Julie Marr is off island but if I hear of someone who does this for a living I will let you know.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Davis, InfoBonaire, Bon. Insider (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #156) on Monday, October 15, 2007 - 6:23 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I believe Cactus Accounting offers this service. Here's their web site, and you can email them for more details. http://www.cactusaccounting.com/ Susan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barton B (BonaireTalker - Post #58) on Monday, October 29, 2007 - 11:17 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Kerry, if you haven't found someone by now, you might contact Silvienne Eugenio, marsilvie@hotmail.com. I asked immigration if there was someone on Bonaire that could help us with the permanent residency paperwork and they gave me her name. She is in the process of handling our paperwork. Obviously, I cannot comment on the "final results" yet but so far I have been very pleased with her work.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Willis (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #4) on Thursday, March 6, 2008 - 8:55 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi There. How did it work out with Silvienne?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barton B (BonaireTalker - Post #65) on Thursday, March 6, 2008 - 9:27 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Silvienne worked out very well for us! We received our residency permit last Friday. The only hangups with the process were our fault as I didn't fully understand the apostille process and we sent some documents (USA) with notary seals but not accompanying apostille document to certify the notary was valid. Silvienne handled my mixup with a friendly and professional attitude and got us back into the system once she had the correct paperwork. She made the process quite easy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Willis (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #5) on Thursday, March 6, 2008 - 9:35 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks for the update on that. I've been in contact already and will definitely use her services in October / November time.

Thanks - Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barry Baker (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #586) on Thursday, March 6, 2008 - 12:30 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I am currently working on my residency permit and the only issue I am having is with the "Health Certificate". Is there a particular form for this and if not, what did you use.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2938) on Friday, March 7, 2008 - 9:08 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

You have to be glutton for punishment to do it your self. The money you will spend on supporting a local who can jump through the hurdles for you will be well spent in the time and effort you will save not to mention lost sleep by not having to get up in the middle of the night to line up for a number. Also, in most cases, you are not allowed to be on island while your papers are being processed!

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration