BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Moving to Bonaire: Ok, now confused - help with residence on Bonaire - please
Bonaire Talk: Moving to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 2008: Ok, now confused - help with residence on Bonaire - please
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lisa Parsons (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Wednesday, March 5, 2008 - 9:48 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Afternoon everyone

After falling in love with the island, my partner and I would like to stay for 6 months however, I am still unsure of how to deal with the filing of papers in person for residence in Bonaire. Would this not become a problem for immigration when entering Bonaire? or do we go as tourists and complete documents while we are there? Any help would be gratefully appreciated. As you can tell, I am definitely confused!

p.s I am from England

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Antony Bond (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #273) on Thursday, March 6, 2008 - 3:37 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Lisa.

If you only plan to stay for 6 months then I would not suggest applying for residency.

It is possible to stay for 3 months as a tourist and then you can apply for an extension. If that is declined, just leave the island for a few days and return.

If you are looking to reside on Bonaire long term then you can get someone to do the paperwork for you. I suggest looking at www.sunbeltbonaire.com who cover the subject.

I moved from the UK to Bonaire and would be happy to help if you would like to email me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lisa Parsons (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #2) on Thursday, March 6, 2008 - 5:26 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hello Antony

Thanks so much for your advice, that was really helpful. I'd love to email you if that is ok with you (sorry to be a nuisance) but so pleased to hear from someone who has actually done it!

Thanks so much again, great news!!!!!
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jaens torres (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Monday, March 24, 2008 - 6:54 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

hello everybody!! I would like to know all about migration and papers to apply for living me and my family in bonaire! I`m from colombia and maybe I`ll come to work here with a contract!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By valerie BRUCELLE (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #3) on Friday, September 19, 2008 - 6:08 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hello Jaen, my name is Valérie Torres, that's funny, i'am spanish you need to know that you must ask for all the forms to immigration and return it before your moving because once you ask for residence permit you can't stay inside the island and concerning the work permit it's your boss that must ask it for you
kinds regards and good luck Val

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By valerie BRUCELLE (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #4) on Friday, September 19, 2008 - 6:08 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hello Jaen, my name is Valérie Torres, that's funny, i'am spanish you need to know that you must ask for all the forms to immigration and return it before your moving because once you ask for residence permit you can't stay inside the island and concerning the work permit it's your boss that must ask it for you
kinds regards and good luck Val

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration