BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Moving to Bonaire: Trick For Reducing Monthly Electric Bill !
Bonaire Talk: Moving to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 2003 - 2007: Archives 2006-01-01 to 2007-12-31: Trick For Reducing Monthly Electric Bill !
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Lamar (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #5) on Tuesday, December 25, 2007 - 7:46 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I have been looking into super-insulators which can be used on both new and old homes alike. Without proper insulation, you have heating and/ or cooling loss. These losses need to be reduced as drastically as possible to reduce energy costs. There are new paint additives developed by NASA which are said to be an R-50 insulator. The best standard home is only an average of R12 to R-18. I'd like to see someone buy some of this stuff and try it out. They say you can reduce your bills by 50-80%??? You add 1 liter of this dry powder to about 4 liters of paint. The product is called "Hy-Tech Insulating Paint Additive". The website is www.hytechsales.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cecil (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6006) on Tuesday, December 25, 2007 - 9:29 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Well my BS alarm just pegged. Oh for it to be true, if it was then why does NASA still use foam insulation on the external tank, hell, one coat of this stuff would do the trick....not.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie {Moderator} (Moderator - Post #450) on Tuesday, December 25, 2007 - 10:02 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Welcome to Bonaire Talk John, Have you read our posting policies??Click here for policies Do you have monetary interest with this website??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Lamar (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #7) on Tuesday, December 25, 2007 - 11:10 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I have no interest in the product or corporation. Why would you think that? I just bought some of the stuff after a friend in Texas lowered his monthly a/c bills by 1/2. Thought maybe someone on the island could benefit from such a product. I just put up the website so you could get an idea of the product. No harm in that is there?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Lamar (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #8) on Tuesday, December 25, 2007 - 11:19 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Not used on the tanks, it's used on exterior of the spacecraft hanger (the largest building in the world.) to keep out the Florida heat. Never said it was used on spacecraft.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie {Moderator} (Moderator - Post #451) on Wednesday, December 26, 2007 - 9:36 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thank you for clarifing that John ,No harm at all!! again welcome to Bonaire Talk

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration