BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Moving to Bonaire: Husband and I want to move to Bonaire and start business
Bonaire Talk: Moving to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 2003 - 2007: Archives 2006-01-01 to 2007-12-31: Husband and I want to move to Bonaire and start business
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By sterling pickett (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Wednesday, September 5, 2007 - 12:55 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Is it possible for my husband and I to move to Bonaire and start a business, and hire locals? I design jewelry and make lampwork beads from melting Italian glass over a hot flame, I paint and do a lot of one of a kind art. I want to open a boutique downtown. We are in the research stage of the move. Wanted to know how hard it would be for us. We were thinking of buying a house and renting it for a year then moving or something.. like I said we are just thinking the whole thing out. We like the small quaint relaxed country of Bonaire. I grew up on an island off the coast of Charleston, South Carolina that was only 3 miles long and 1/2 mile wide.
We dont have any kids, just 2 dogs.Im 29 and my husband is 37... Any help and suggestions would be great?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #194) on Wednesday, September 5, 2007 - 2:07 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Take me with you..I can ummm, feed the dogs, and give you a daily status report of any reef you want me to dive there. I wont even complain.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2720) on Thursday, September 6, 2007 - 8:31 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Generally you will be welcome since what you are doing is not in direct competition with a local business. I would suggest you try to find an existing Company with a broad business plan and it will save you lots of time and red tape just to buy it. Bonaire is not a place for making lots of $, however, it is a wonderful community of dozens of different nationalities and races. Oh yes, buy a copy of Herman Wouk's "Don't Stop the Carnival" and memorize it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg Grimes got a trip planned Jan 2008 (BonaireTalker - Post #47) on Tuesday, October 9, 2007 - 12:50 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Michael,
"Don't Stop the Carnival" is a great read! Don't forget it was co-authored with Jimmy Buffett...

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration