BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Moving to Bonaire: Kings Beach Resort
Bonaire Talk: Moving to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 2003 - 2007: Archives 2006-01-01 to 2007-12-31: Kings Beach Resort
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Umstead (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Friday, April 13, 2007 - 8:27 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi,

My wife and I are looking to purchase at Kings Beach Resort (adjacent to Light House Beach Resort). Does any one know anything about this development? It appears that the rate of construction is slow.

Any comments?

Thanks
Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy & Dave Bartlett (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #751) on Friday, April 13, 2007 - 10:17 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Think Island time Bill. Things are just slower because so much has to be imported for most things

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vince DePietro (Bellevue Condos # 9) (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #858) on Saturday, April 14, 2007 - 6:40 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Well I don't think island time has anything to do with it. Frankly their plans hinge on one important factor. That the available units (& there aren't that many) now on the market are sold. Now they have been up on the market now for almost 2 years by my calculation. So an intelligent question could be, so why aren't they selling, especially in view of the fact that other ongoing projects on the island are sold out before they're even near completion?

From what I understand, they do not have the money available to even come near to completing this project according to their grand plan. So IMHO, it's not island time, but a lack of funding which accounts for your perceived delay.

My advice Bill is to do your due diligence on this and on ANY investment you might make. Good luck!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2560) on Saturday, April 14, 2007 - 8:29 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Actually what you say is true in most cases but in this one there are other reasons other than financing that come into play. Suffice it to say, that it is a good investment even if the whole project is not finished. Talk to the present owners for more feedback and get the facts before you make any commitments.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Umstead (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #2) on Saturday, April 14, 2007 - 8:38 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thank you all for the info. This gives us a good idea on how to proceed and negotiate. We have not seen the complex in person yet. Have any of you seen it and what is your opinion?

Michael, do you know what other reasons have come into play do delay construction?

Again, thanks for your responses

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By alice oliver (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #3) on Monday, December 24, 2007 - 2:26 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

is there construction still going on? will it impact the quiet of the area this winter?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan - www.bonairecaribbean.com (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3017) on Monday, December 24, 2007 - 3:30 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I have seen no construction at Kings but a few of the oceanside slabs just past Kings have quiet low key construction. Strangely that area was flooded in the high tides of Oct.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration