BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Moving to Bonaire: Certificate of Good Health
Bonaire Talk: Moving to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 2003 - 2007: Archives 2006-01-01 to 2007-12-31: Certificate of Good Health
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Victor Mena (BonaireTalker - Post #87) on Wednesday, January 10, 2007 - 3:35 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

What the Certicate of Good Health should include?,please,those who recently went through this could explain to me what that test must have?,here in Venezuela that certificate is called
VDRL(Venerial Disease Research Laboratory)but I am not sure if that is enough or it should include HIV and Hepatitis.Thanks in advance for your help!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Wayne Williams (The Great Escape) (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #297) on Wednesday, January 10, 2007 - 8:31 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Mine was just a note from my doctor that said that I was "free of communicable disease."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Victor Mena (BonaireTalker - Post #88) on Wednesday, January 10, 2007 - 9:31 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

O.k!,so it seems to be the same as the VDRL we have in Venezuela,which basicly garantee that one does not have any contagious disease.I started to doubt as I read in this forum about somebody who made HIV and Hepatitis tests,dont remember who,thank you for answering.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By juni (BonaireTalker - Post #53) on Wednesday, January 10, 2007 - 11:25 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Unless the law is changed, three years ago the HIV and Hepatitis tests were required.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim (BonaireTalker - Post #63) on Wednesday, January 10, 2007 - 11:48 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Victor as of about 6 months ago both HIV and Hepatitis-B tests were required.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Victor Mena (BonaireTalker - Post #89) on Thursday, January 11, 2007 - 8:32 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

So I better make myself all of them,I dont want to take any risk.Thank you all of you for your help,I appreciate it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Victor Mena (BonaireTalker - Post #94) on Monday, January 22, 2007 - 9:10 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I forgot to ask if that certificate of good health could be done in Bonaire,anybody did it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2425) on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 9:30 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Years ago, I had to have a US doctor do it since it was my country of origin. It varies for different reasons. Technically, you are not supposed to be on island when they are considering your job/residence applications.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Wayne Williams (The Great Escape) (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #316) on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 9:58 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Just to emphasize what Michael said: you are not supposed to be on the island while they are processing your residence application. There is a waiver process if you can't comply, but you should apply for the waiver if you have to be here.

You need to remember that the latest changes in work permit policies and immigration policies were designed to discourage Latin American immigration, so you should be very careful about following the rules. There may come a day when you need to get special permission to renew a work permit, and, when that happens, every detail of your immigration will be examined.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Victor Mena (BonaireTalker - Post #95) on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 12:29 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thank you guys for the information and suggestions,I just thought blood tests and certificates would be more reliables for them if they were made on the island.You have a good day!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Frank (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #580) on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 7:43 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Just as a point of interest the VDRL is a test for syphilis, nothing else. It doesn't indicate anything about other communicable diseases.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Victor Mena (BonaireTalker - Post #96) on Wednesday, January 24, 2007 - 1:54 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Oh yeah I know,thank you anyway for advising.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration