BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Moving to Bonaire: Waterlands Bonaire
Bonaire Talk: Moving to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 2003 - 2007: Archives 2006-01-01 to 2007-12-31: Waterlands Bonaire
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Pfeiffer (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Tuesday, August 29, 2006 - 1:46 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I am considering a property at Waterlands Bonaire. Can anyone share their thoughts/experiences?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mickey McCarthy (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #312) on Wednesday, September 6, 2006 - 8:54 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Bill
Since nobody else spoke up, I'll give it a shot. I don't know where your contact for Waterlands came from but they do have a very sophisticated website. It seems that there is actually nothing there right now. What does not show on the website is that it is directly across the road from the airport. About 200 yards to the terminal I would say.It may be kind of noisy.
Mickey

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2253) on Wednesday, September 6, 2006 - 11:38 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

There is a lot of construction at present and when the wind is in the right direction, you may hear some airport noise.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Pfeiffer (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #2) on Wednesday, September 6, 2006 - 12:50 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks...I have been on their web site and, of course, at no time did I notice the airport. Big difference!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tribs Loves Bonaire (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3241) on Wednesday, September 6, 2006 - 6:03 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Is this the property going up next to the villas of the Plaza?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Gauron (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1518) on Thursday, September 7, 2006 - 10:54 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Yes.
"I love the smell of jet fuel in the morning".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cam (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #765) on Thursday, December 21, 2006 - 1:24 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Nothing is better for comic relief than observing people watching a KLM jet takeoff while standing DIRECTLY BEHIND THE JET! They should call that stretch along the highway "Sandblast City"

*Disclaimer
If any BT folk have been subject to this...I was not laughing at you...just the other guys.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Wayne Williams (The Great Escape) (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #268) on Sunday, December 24, 2006 - 11:27 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Actually, Cam, it can get pretty frightening along that stretch. Every day, I see one or two idiots parked two-wheels on the roadway, standing in the south-bound lane of EEG Boulevard to suit up in their scuba gear. The shoulder is four meters wide for most of the length of Donkey Beach, so there just isn't a reason for it.

Then, when KLM lands or takes off, you get tourists standing on EEG Boulevard to take pictures of the planes. A beach on one side, a four meter shoulder on the other, and they stand in the highway. Being sandblasted is far safer.

That's one of the stretches that I tend to drive under the speed limit, because I know that accidentally killing a tourist would be bad for business.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mara - you pronounce it like Sarah (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1620) on Wednesday, December 27, 2006 - 10:11 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Why would you say such things Kevin - bad for business....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Wayne Williams (The Great Escape) (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #270) on Wednesday, December 27, 2006 - 12:18 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I had just barely missed another tourist that day. The vast majority of tourists are thoughtful people that I am happy to do business with. That particular stretch is dangerous, and seems to attract a small group with a death wish.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cynde (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #536) on Wednesday, December 27, 2006 - 2:34 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We arrived just after a bad accident in the area a couple of years ago. They had been parked on the side of the road, pulled out and didn't look...the small car was crushed, and the guy had to be taken in an ambulance to the hospital.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vince DePietro (Bellevue Condos # 9) (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #637) on Wednesday, December 27, 2006 - 7:49 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Omagosh!! What a horrid time to be in an accident coming up from a dive or getting suited up to enter. Sometimes people do dumb things; me included {on occasion}.. Personally, I'm glad Kevin posted this. It'll make us all think twice when diving in this area.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration