BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Moving to Bonaire: Nurse anesthesia--CRNA
Bonaire Talk: Moving to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 2003 - 2007: Archives 2006-01-01 to 2007-12-31: Nurse anesthesia--CRNA
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By curtis steiner (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Monday, June 5, 2006 - 9:48 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hello all from a brand newbie. Short version is we are planning on retiring there in about 3 years. She is CRNA (certified registered nurse anestitist). We have been trying to dig up info on bonaire, and the surrounding islands as to do they use CRNA's and who to contact about it. So far none of the professional organisations in the USA can help. Also, I plan on starting a business for the tourist industry that involves bringing a laser to the island. It is a small self contained industrial for lasering glass, marble, granite etc. Can anyone comment on who to contact about the above items?? thanks
curtis and janet

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cecil (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4713) on Monday, June 5, 2006 - 11:31 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Curtis welcome to BT and best of luck on your upcoming retirement. The short answer on a job on Bonaire, the rule is all jobs must go to locals unless there is not anyone locally that can do the job. I also think the requirements for nurse is that they speak Dutch and Papemento (sp).

Now starting your own business is doable but you need a local solicitor to do the paperwork plus a whole bunch of other requirements.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Wayne Williams (The Great Escape) (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #152) on Thursday, June 8, 2006 - 10:33 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Starting your own business is much easier than getting a job. Bonaire likes people that bring in lumps of capital to start a business with. The person you want to get in touch with is Martin Maartense (http://www.notarisbonaire.com). If you can describe your business, he can figure out what licenses you need to do it.

As for an anaesthetist, those jobs are normally handled by Dutch doctors that come to the island on a rotation basis. I think your chances of being able to get a permanent position locally are slim, but I'm far from an expert on that topic.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration