BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Moving to Bonaire: Residency permit for Dutch residents
Bonaire Talk: Moving to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 2003 - 2007: Archives 2006-01-01 to 2007-12-31: Residency permit for Dutch residents
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bas Noij (BonaireTalker - Post #29) on Saturday, April 1, 2006 - 7:28 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Does anyone know what the current procedure is for getting a Bonaire residency permit as a dutch citizen? We have bought a house on Bonaire and move to the island in August. The idea is to make a 4 week visit in August to arrange the paperwork and assess what (furniture and other items) we would like to buy in Holland. After that we ship our inventory to Bonaire and the move will be complete. Any info on what we need to do BEFORE the 4-week visit (e.g. what papers we need to bring from Holland and where to take them on Bonaire) would be appreciated!

Thanks.

Bas and Ellie Noij
www.overlanders.net

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2013) on Sunday, April 2, 2006 - 9:15 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

contact www.sunbelt.an for any info regarding the process...

(Message edited by gmichael on April 2, 2006)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Antony Bond (BonaireTalker - Post #68) on Sunday, April 9, 2006 - 10:44 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Bas.
One thing that I learned is to ask three people and go with the majority. We bought our house through Sunbelt and found that Corinne & Jan Henk were helpful over and beyond what you would expect. To my knowledge, the following documents are required.

1: Marriage Licence if married, if not a letter from a Solicitor to confirm your non marital status.
2: Birth Certificates.
3: Police report to confirm you have not been in a trouble with the authorities, this has to be done within 3 months of your application.
4: Medical to include tests for HIV & Hepatitis, again current.
5: Proof of funds of at least 45000 naf or a contract of employment.

All official documents should be the full versions and also be accompanied by apostile stamps.

I would advise using an expert to help you with your application such as Julie Mar who used to work in the immigration office. I would advise that you contact people before you arrive to triple check all of the documentation that you require and make sure that you have a few copies of everything. We assumed that we had covered everything only to find that they would not accept our marriage licence as a legal document as we were married in the Dominican Republic. As a result we had to go back to the UK and get married again! Thankfully she said yes.

Good Luck!

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration