BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Moving to Bonaire: Rainy season?
Bonaire Talk: Moving to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 2003 - 2007: Archives - 2004-12-31 to 2006-01-01: Rainy season?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By WHUDS (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #9) on Saturday, December 10, 2005 - 9:47 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Is there a more rainy month in Bonaire?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By pat murphy (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #456) on Monday, December 12, 2005 - 7:00 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

usually it rains more from early november to early to mid-january than other times of the year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Beverly Fillio (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #170) on Tuesday, January 31, 2006 - 10:28 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

how has the weather been in January??? Have you had much rain ???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tish (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #836) on Tuesday, January 31, 2006 - 10:35 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Yes.
The road in front of Gibi's tonight was flooded, there are lots of standing pools of water about, and my garden is quite muddy.
On the other hand, my fruit trees are happy. And the marshes are well populated with sea birds.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By pat murphy (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #764) on Wednesday, February 1, 2006 - 4:04 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

tish, i just saw pics of our place. some of my friends were there in november and said they had a day or two of heavy rain and took pictures of the yard. the plants in our yard look great and are really growing. i can't wait to see them next week.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tish (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #844) on Wednesday, February 1, 2006 - 4:09 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hope your plants are thriving as much as mine.
The down side is that my next door neighbors had water in their living room in November. Furniture doesn't require watering quite as much as plants do.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Wagner (BonaireTalker - Post #13) on Wednesday, February 1, 2006 - 4:14 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Pat,

I just returned from Bonaire on Monday. Lot's of rain, yes. Bonaire looks almost Tropical these past few months and not the arid island it usually is. The vegetation is lush. We will be building there soon ourselves.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sue Goodman (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #254) on Wednesday, February 1, 2006 - 4:35 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Is there more water this year than last?

Last year, I was shocked at the standing water alongside the road from the airport to downtown. There were several flocks of flamingoes making themselves quite at home next to Lisa Gas.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tish (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #846) on Wednesday, February 1, 2006 - 4:39 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Flamingo flocks, great white herons, blue herons, snowy egrets and more are living there again this winter.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cyn (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #16627) on Wednesday, February 1, 2006 - 6:20 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

You all are NOT helping my PBD...Tish, please quite giving such vivid posts! lol!

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration