BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Moving to Bonaire: Question about the work permit.
Bonaire Talk: Moving to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 2003 - 2007: Archives - 2004-12-31 to 2006-01-01: Question about the work permit.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By victor mena (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #3) on Friday, August 19, 2005 - 8:02 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi everybody who participates in this forum!,I have a question about how long it takes to get the work permit once the application it´s been made? and if the applicant is allowed to stay in the island during that time or must wait in his(her)homeland untill everything is done?
Before hand I thank you for the information you can give me,bye and MASHA DANKI!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Antony Bond (BonaireTalker - Post #12) on Monday, August 22, 2005 - 5:46 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi.
As a resident who is non Antillean or Dutch, it has taken 4 to 6 weeks. There is a procedure for hiring non Bonarian staff that employers must follow. This includes advertising the position locally as Bonarians must be given first option. If you are not Dutch, there is a fee for the permit, as I am English it was 550 nafs but it does vary GREATLY from Nationality to Nationality. I suggest looking on the web page for Sunbelt Reality in Bonaire who have a section on immigration and permits etc.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By victor mena (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #6) on Monday, August 22, 2005 - 9:11 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thank you very much Mr Antony for helping me out, I'll check that page to get very well informed.I've already contacted a company that told me was going to hire me but din't tell me anything about the waiting for the work permit so gotta find out by myself.Thank you again and have a good week!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By The Ginocchio's @ Golden Reef Inn (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #845) on Monday, August 22, 2005 - 10:31 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Victor,

Welcome to the Board! Check out this site, it will give you a load of information!

Liz
http://www.bonaireeconomy.org/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan - BSDME (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #165) on Tuesday, August 23, 2005 - 7:50 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

From the DEZA site;

Application for a Work Permit

(Note: Vacancies are available only to those holding Dutch Citizenship registered on Bonaire. Inquiries from those other than with Dutch Citizenship registered on Bonaire will not be handled nor responded to.)

The main requirements to be complied when an application is submitted in order to obtain a work permit are:

No specific application forms are used, however the following documents should be filled by the applicant or his/her representative at the office of the Governor of the Island of Bonaire. Only people of Dutch nationality do not need a work permit.

1. Good and clear copy of the applicant’s passport
2. A proof of payment of handling fees of Naf.350.00 from the Collector’s Office (Antillean Guilder Currency). The fee is Naf.250.00 for permit renewals.
3. Two recent photographs of the applicant
4. The Birth Certificate of the applicant, accompanied by an apostille from the Dutch Consulate/Embassy, not older than 1 year.
5. A certificate of Good Health, not older than 1 month
6. A certificate of Good Conduct, not older than 2 months
7. Certificate of Civil Status (Married, Divorced, Single) not older than 6 months, accompanied by an apostille from the Dutch Consulate or Embassy.
8. Copies of diploma(s) and certificate(s)
9. Copy of employee’s contract with new employer
10. Employer's information (passport/i.d., address and telephone)
11. Copy of employer's business license/management license
12. Proof of employer's registration at the Chamber of Commerce
13. Proof of employer's tax payment/contributions

Application for a work permit for those setting up their own company:

Those who are setting up their own company (E.Z or N.V.) also need to file for a work permit but this one will only be delivered once the business license has been granted.
The duration to obtain a work permit is approximately 2 to 3 months.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan - BSDME (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #166) on Tuesday, August 23, 2005 - 7:56 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Additional note. Work permits fees are going up in 2006. 750 Naf for new and 500 Naf for a renewal. See the DEZA newsletter http://www.bonaireeconomy.org/newsletters/english/nl_8_e.pdf

Susan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By victor mena (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #7) on Tuesday, August 23, 2005 - 1:10 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thank you guys!,you´ve been all very polite and have helped me a lot,now I know everything I needed to know,I really appreciate your help and useful information,thanks again! and have a great time in that beautiful island which is Bonaire and sorry for my bad and limited english,I´m trying to learn everyday and this forum is heping me a lot.bye and take care...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kelly Baum (GDLW) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3031) on Tuesday, August 23, 2005 - 3:20 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Victor, if you are just learning English, I would say you are doing a GREAT job. Good luck! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By victor mena (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #8) on Tuesday, August 23, 2005 - 8:32 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thank you! I try to do my best.I wish you good luck too.Have a good night!

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration