BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Moving to Bonaire: LOOKING FOR WORK TRUCK
Bonaire Talk: Moving to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 2003 - 2007: Archives - 2004-12-31 to 2006-01-01: LOOKING FOR WORK TRUCK
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By The Ginocchio's @ Golden Reef Inn (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #473) on Friday, December 17, 2004 - 7:32 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I'm putting this out everywhere, so if anyone on the island knows of anything.
Ed is looking for an old work truck. Old is fine, ripped seats, no airco, etc is fine. VERY important that it runs well, good tires, mechanically safe and sound. Will be using it for hauling, moving stuff, some driving around, etc. Cheap please (no more than 3500 Naf). If you know of anything or know where we can get something, please let us know. You can email us at eginocchio@comcast.net

Thanks again.

Liz

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ruth van Tilburg (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #298) on Friday, December 17, 2004 - 9:26 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Eh, good luck with that--I'd take 3 the same at that price!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By The Ginocchio's @ Golden Reef Inn (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #475) on Friday, December 17, 2004 - 9:32 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

LOL FM...Can't hurt to try!

Liz

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Porter (BonaireTalker - Post #93) on Friday, December 17, 2004 - 7:46 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

and folks laugh at my silly sunflower truck...........

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By seb schulherr (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1839) on Friday, December 17, 2004 - 9:22 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I don't laugh at your truck, it's totally sixties man...
I have a pal who used to do repair/maintience on John Lennons flower power Rolls..rolls wouldn't have anything more to do with it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By The Ginocchio's @ Golden Reef Inn (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #477) on Friday, December 17, 2004 - 9:30 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Susan..I LOVE your truck...now I'll know who you are!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin de Weger (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3727) on Saturday, December 18, 2004 - 3:55 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Susan, I love your truck as well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Taft (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #411) on Saturday, December 18, 2004 - 2:43 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

And you know I love your truck ....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Porter (BonaireTalker - Post #94) on Saturday, December 18, 2004 - 6:21 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

So here by request
left.jpg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole Baker (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4459) on Saturday, December 18, 2004 - 7:09 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Flower Power....bitchen! (slang for "cool" back in the good old days...) Carole

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Taft (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #412) on Sunday, December 19, 2004 - 5:03 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Ahhh .... the truck is as beautiful as always...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By seb schulherr (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1841) on Sunday, December 19, 2004 - 9:17 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Susan,
We saw your truck in Hato today!

Mare

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Porter (BonaireTalker - Post #95) on Monday, December 20, 2004 - 6:38 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I can't sneak around, can I?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #737) on Monday, December 20, 2004 - 7:40 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

well, talking about colored trucks, this one is/was mine....but got stolen....and totally ripped...

car

no answer to your question, but had to share it....
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Taft (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #413) on Monday, December 20, 2004 - 9:51 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Well Liz even though no one is coming through with a truck for Ed it looks like you need to have the paint ready to keep up with the neighbors!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By The Ginocchio's @ Golden Reef Inn (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #486) on Monday, December 20, 2004 - 10:06 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We will let Ed decorate his truck however he wants....OMG, I may be in trouble!!!! LOL He is partial to mermaids!
Liz

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Cousino (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1220) on Tuesday, December 21, 2004 - 6:39 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I can not believe it Susan P. I was hoping to meet you in October as suggested by our mutual friend and my fellow Cabot Cheese Ambassador the honorable Ms. Taft. Unfortunately we did not meet, but, seeing the photo of your truck, I just got a chill because on the 22nd of October we were diving at my favorite dive site at the same time.

My buddy Smack and I call your truck "Forest Gump". It is indeed beautiful Susan!!!

runforest

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John"Smack"Anderson (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #228) on Tuesday, December 21, 2004 - 7:18 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

That's what I call a truck with style! Just could not help myself and had to have a pic of it. The one in Tom's post as we exited near Red Slave.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mary Mueller (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3492) on Tuesday, December 21, 2004 - 10:29 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Susan - you know I love your truck!! You know you cannot hide anywhere on the island!! How is it the move going!?!?!?

Tom, Smack and Liz - you guys have to meet Susan!!! She is great!!

Funny story - In July - I tied to get up with her - but she was fully booked and then in October - Dirk and I were too busy to get together with her - until we were sitting at the airport in the departure lounge and I hear my name - I look over and there is Susan!! So no time to get together while on the island - but we get together in the same plane off the island!!LOL!! We chatted all the way to Jamaica - Susan came back and sat next to me - it was great!! I just love that woman!

Liz - I can just a see a mermaid truck and Ed behind the wheel!!LOL!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Yana girl (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #234) on Tuesday, December 21, 2004 - 12:13 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Liz,
I can hardly wait to see what gets painted on Ed's work truck when he gets one...... Craig is also partial to mermaids.

Susan P,
How is the move progressing? I hope the "boys" are adjusting to their new abode. Was in the commissary yesterday and picked up a pkg of Fig Newtons.....made me think of you.....as did the Jiff Extra Crunchy Peanut Butter. Will see you and Lisa in June. I hope. My List so far includes 16.... egads!!!
Yana

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By The Ginocchio's @ Golden Reef Inn (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #489) on Tuesday, December 21, 2004 - 2:48 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Okay, so now that we've come down to earth...looking at 5.000,00 NAF.... I'm going to try to find some stick on mermaids for Ed to put on his truck....

Liz

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Taft (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #414) on Tuesday, December 21, 2004 - 7:06 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thank you for the designation as "honorable" my dear friend and Cheddar Ambassador Tom!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Cousino (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1226) on Tuesday, December 21, 2004 - 7:42 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Liz, I will check my sticker drawer tomorrow, might have a sticker for Ed's truck.

Mary, Sue T, said the same thing regarding Ms. Porter this fall. I can't believe you talked all the way to Jamaica, nope, not at all;-{)}

Hiya Ms. Taft, Am you warm down there in the southern reaches of the state yet?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Taft (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #415) on Tuesday, December 21, 2004 - 8:26 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Oh yeah Tom we hit 16 degrees today after starting at 6 degrees ... must be a night for mac and cheese ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Cousino (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1228) on Wednesday, December 22, 2004 - 7:52 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Mac and Cheese sounded good. I made my version of Spaghetti Vongole. Made the white sauce real spicy. If you can't be warm on the outside, be warm on the inside I say:-{)}

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ruth van Tilburg (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #299) on Wednesday, December 22, 2004 - 11:40 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

It's been chilly here too--I think it was down to 78 degrees last night (not including the wind-chill factor, which probably made it feel like 76), so I had mac & cheese & a cup of "swiss miss"
;-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mary Mueller (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3504) on Wednesday, December 22, 2004 - 12:27 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Tom -if you met Susan - you will wonder how I got a word in edgewise - she talks more than me!!LOL!!! Dirk just sat there and shook his head at us!!! At least we were in the back of the plane mostly to ourselves - so we were not disturbing too many people!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Cousino (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1229) on Wednesday, December 22, 2004 - 12:43 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Ruth, you suffer so much and with such style. Better put an extra quilt on.

How are those cute little baby puppy dogs of yours doing with the cold? I sure hope their doggy beds have electric blankets in them.

Mary, I thought I had read on another scuba board people complaining about noisey passengers on an A.J. flight, now I know who they were referring to:-{O}

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kelly Baum (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2136) on Wednesday, December 22, 2004 - 12:55 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Re: Someone talking more than Mary Mueller.... I think it almost deserves it's own thread for discussion... lol...

I will reserve judgement until I meet Susan. ;)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Porter (BonaireTalker - Post #96) on Wednesday, December 22, 2004 - 4:34 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Oh, I am in trouble now! I guess I will have to try to be less conspicuous than my truck. Getting together with Mary brings out the chat in me. Always a good time in good company...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Porter (BonaireTalker - Post #97) on Wednesday, December 22, 2004 - 4:44 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Yana,
The "boys" are thrilled to have running room. Even Hamlet has settled in. We are thrilled to have peace and quiet. Haven't seen Fig Newton's since you were here. With 16 and counting, I can't imagine what will arrive in suitcases come June!
hamman.jpg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kelly Baum (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2139) on Wednesday, December 22, 2004 - 5:03 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Susan, Mary brings out the "talk" in all of us !! LOL!! We would just be standing at the dive site near the tailgate yakking and yakking until we realized we better shut up and get in the water ! hee hee

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Porter (BonaireTalker - Post #98) on Wednesday, December 22, 2004 - 5:14 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

So, Kelly, how's the snow?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kelly Baum (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2140) on Wednesday, December 22, 2004 - 5:32 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

it's beautiful!! Hopefully, Lisa will post some pics on CC soon. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By The Ginocchio's @ Golden Reef Inn (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #494) on Wednesday, December 22, 2004 - 8:34 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Yana...once we get it and we get it painted, etc I will definitely post a pic... Mary...could you imagine if you, me, Susan and Kelly all got together? OMG....LOL

Liz

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kelly Baum (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2141) on Thursday, December 23, 2004 - 1:38 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Liz, that's a funny visual !! LOL !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Porter (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #103) on Friday, January 7, 2005 - 1:12 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Rainy seasons addition to the sunflower truck
plant.jpg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Porter (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #104) on Friday, January 7, 2005 - 1:13 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

...or can anyone identify the flower in the floorboard?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mary Mueller (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3569) on Friday, January 7, 2005 - 3:43 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Susan - I am going to guess a sunflower to match the outside of your truck!!!LOL!!:-):-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gail Thomas (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #486) on Friday, January 7, 2005 - 7:27 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Looks like an unfurled 4 leaf clover! Perhaps that's a lucky truck!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Cousino (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1309) on Friday, January 7, 2005 - 10:08 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Susan, Please let it grow and keep us informed. Gosh I need a life:-{)}

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gail Thomas (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #488) on Saturday, January 8, 2005 - 9:27 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Tom, This IS our life! :-)

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration