BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Moving to Bonaire: Live aboard boat long term rentals questions
Bonaire Talk: Moving to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 2003 - 2007: Archives - 2003-06-02 to 2004-12-31: Live aboard boat long term rentals questions
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Suzanne Olsen (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Sunday, October 31, 2004 - 10:45 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi All,

I'm new to the board and have been reading thru all of the posts and learning lots. We are looking at retiring in two years and would like to spend 4 to 6 months in Bonaire. Since we are both divers, we would be interested in renting a boat if possible that we could live on. We would also use it for fishing/diving/snorkeling. Does anyone know if this would be feasible and how expensive it may be? Since we will be on a fixed income cost is important. Would we be better of from a dollar standpoint to rent a small apartment on the water? What documents do we need to stay on the Island for 4 to 6 months? If we come in as tourists we can stay for 90 days, if we leave for a few days to visit friends in the States, can we then return and stay another 90 days as tourists?

Thanks for any help you can give us.

Zuzanna

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Loretta Marshall (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #2) on Thursday, November 4, 2004 - 2:54 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi -- I would also be interested in the answer to Suzanna's question about leaving Bonaire for a few days after the 90 day limit and returning for another 90 days. I noticed that a lot of the long-term rentals are for a minimum of 6 months ... What is a Bonaire Addict to do! I believe that ultimately I would like to move to Bonaire after I retire, but would like to spend much more time there before making such a move. Taking a rental for 6 months to a year would be, in my book, a great way to start!
Loretta :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marabeth Owens (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #335) on Thursday, November 4, 2004 - 7:03 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I don't have those answers but there is a good deal of information on the Sunbelt Realty website that you can get to through Infobonaire.com. That might be a great place to start the search for your answers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1824) on Friday, November 5, 2004 - 3:15 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

There really in little in the way of boats for rent to live on and rentals by the sea are quite high, however, there are the occasional deals that crop up. Just have to be in the right place at the right time.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration