BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Moving to Bonaire: Equipment Rental
Bonaire Talk: Moving to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 2003 - 2007: Archives - 2003-06-02 to 2004-12-31: Equipment Rental
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob van Stekelenborg (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #5) on Thursday, September 16, 2004 - 1:40 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I have a question for this forum. If I would build or renovate a house on Bonaire, and I would need to rent some equipment/tools for this purpose, would I be able to find this on Bonaire?

What kind of tools/equipment would I absolutely have to take with me, and what could I get in Bonaire?
And what would I absolutely miss if I forgot to take it with me?

Thanks,
Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lorraine Bayford (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #148) on Thursday, September 23, 2004 - 11:30 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Rob, just saw your message so I'm a few days late. We too would like to move to Bonaire some day. Our plans are like you, to either renovate or build, so we did a lot of looking around and asking questions. We went to Kooymans (one of the local hardware stores)every second day (my husband is a bit obsessed with hardware stores/lumber yards - we visit them on any trip we ever take to whereever). Tools to buy (like anything that has to be imported) are very expensive, as are building materials. Take (or ship to Bonaire) whatever you can. One good thing is that building construction is not like we need in Canada or France, so is should be cheaper to build in Bonaire- but materials cost more. If you haven't been to Bonaire - that is the first thing you need to do because it depends if you want to do all the work yourself or only some of it. We found a lot of partially constructed structures that had obviously been sitting for some time - those are another story. The real estate people can explain those. Good luck.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration