BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Moving to Bonaire: Finding Work
Bonaire Talk: Moving to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 2003 - 2007: Archives - 2003-06-02 to 2004-12-31: Finding Work
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joshua Lindau (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Saturday, May 15, 2004 - 5:58 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I once read a posting that said a marine diesel mechanic could write his/her own ticket on the island, is there any truth to this? I, like many others, am very interested in carving out a life on Bonaire and I am trying figure out the best way to do so. I currently looking into schools for marine mechanic training. Any input on the subject would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Josh

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ruth van Tilburg (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #217) on Sunday, May 16, 2004 - 7:07 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

It seems there are never enough qualified air-conditioning & refrigeration techs. Every home/business has one or the other, or both. On an island in the tropics, you gotta figure if you can fix either boats/engines & airco/refrig., you'll be fine. And then get an MBA to figure out how to keep up with the paperwork.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration