BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Moving to Bonaire: Job possiblities at Bonaire????
Bonaire Talk: Moving to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 2003 - 2007: Archives - 2003-06-02 to 2004-12-31: Job possiblities at Bonaire????
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Irene Isaack (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Tuesday, August 26, 2003 - 3:21 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I might move to Bonaire for 1 year very soon as my boyfriend have been offered a job there. Does anyone know if there is an opening anywhere or what channels to use to apply for a job.
I have experience in domain names, customer service, computers in general. I would not mind working at bar or resturant....well Im open for suggestions.

Cool regards from Denmark

P.s any one from Denmark there????

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darryl Vleeming (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #221) on Wednesday, August 27, 2003 - 11:48 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I'm not sure, but don't you have to get a working visa before you can work in Bonaire?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Irene Isaack (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #2) on Wednesday, August 27, 2003 - 3:18 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I am working on that as you read this, but i was just asking if any one had any good ideas.
Or maybe could recommend a good place to stay long term?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gwen Wildeboer (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #3) on Wednesday, August 27, 2003 - 5:50 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I would start with checking out the Bonaire Reporter and 4-sale. They both have places where people can advertise if they're looking for employees. You can also place a free advertisement yourself in both ones, just send an e-mail with your ad. For the reporter you could send it to: reporter@bonairenews.com. For 4-sale look at www.xenomatrix.dds.nl/xenomatrix/4sale_index.htm, download one of the issues, and find their policies, etc.
I hope you enjoy your stay and work on Bonaire!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Irene Isaack (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #3) on Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 7:08 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanx a lot for the tip I will try looking at that.
By the way can you play squash on Bonaire? :-)
I must say i think it is wonderfull this discussion board.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jake Richter (Moderator - Post #4476) on Friday, August 29, 2003 - 11:28 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

No squash courts, alas.

Jake

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1211) on Saturday, August 30, 2003 - 10:51 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Irene,

It is a long and arduous process to get residency and work permits. I started the process in April and am still working on it. It is fairly expensive as well hence why I am back in the US while it continues to be processed.

Just come to Bonaire and see what's what. Get a feel for the island and see where you fit.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole Baker (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2538) on Saturday, August 30, 2003 - 1:28 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Annie, you are really getting around this summer! LOL. You were just at the Donkey Sanctuary and now you are back in the US? Are you up on the Cape? I hope it all works out well and quickly for you guys. How's Mag's likin' living on Bonaire? I know I would have been in seventh heaven if I were Mags. The best of luck. Carole

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1212) on Saturday, August 30, 2003 - 3:35 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Carole,

Maggie had a super summer with Caren at Sea and Discover, Dutch lessons with Gwen, art with Jan and LOTS of Mom/daughter time. Bonaire is no biggee for her..can you believe it? Man, if my Mom took me to live in the Caribbean..well, that's a kid for ya.

Yes, we are at the Cape for a short while...I hope!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Irene Isaack (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #5) on Saturday, August 30, 2003 - 4:25 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

HI Ann
Thanx for tip, i think i just have to wait and see what happens and hope for the best.
Although I hope for a shorter process time :-).

Best regards
Irene

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By carl macrae (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Friday, September 5, 2003 - 3:04 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

this is my first message to anyone on this site first "gmakwa" is for gem aqua - marine as in gems ....i have dug many minerals and gems in new england for the past 20 years as well as diving these are my 2 hobbies....i went to bonaire last april and like everyone else i imagine fell in love with the island and it's people and animals!thank god for creating such a jewel...i am obsessed now to move to bonaire with my wife , can anyone tutle me in the ways of what i need to do to live there and own property ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Christina Corwin (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Saturday, March 20, 2004 - 2:09 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi, I am in the health care field and looking for the contact names of hospital administration at San Francisco Hospital. Is the hospital privately run or part of the government health care system? Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ingram Smarius (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #2) on Monday, May 17, 2004 - 12:30 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Christina C., my name is Ingram.
I'm from Bonaire I work for the government here, my mom is a local Doctor, she works at the San Francisco Hospital and the Antriol's clinic.
You can contact her at estherwatson@yahoo.com

Just tell her I gave you her mail, I'm sure she can explain you everything you need to know about the Hospital.

By the way to those who want to start a business here just check this page.
www.bonaireeconomy.com

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration